The Preview Sandbox is a testing environment that serves as a replica of your live environment and is refreshed each weekend by Workfront Proof.
- Understanding the Preview Sandbox
- Accessing the Preview Sandbox
- Receiving Emails from the Preview Sandbox
The Preview Sandbox serves as an environment where users in your organization can safely test and work with data from the Production environment without affecting the Production environment.
The Preview Sandbox contains your actual production data; however, it refreshes every weekend so the data can be up to one week behind the Production environment. Items created since the last refresh time are in the Preview Sandbox environment until the following refresh.
Data flows unidirectionally, from Production to Preview, and not in reverse. A refresh of the Preview environment is always scheduled each weekend by Workfront Proof.
New product features are uploaded to the Preview Sandbox environment before they are delivered to the Production environment.
The Preview environment is ideal for running trainings, testing out new features, and determining setup functionality.
By default, as a system administrator, you have access to the Preview Sandbox environment. If you cannot access the Preview Sandbox environment as described in this section, contact your system administrator or our Support team.
- Accessing the Preview Sandbox as a Stand-Alone Workfront Proof Customer
- Accessing the Preview Sandbox as a Workfront+Workfront Proof Customer
- Navigate to this URL: https://preview.proofhq.com.
- Log in using your Preview credentials.
Your Preview credentials should be the same as your Production credentials unless you changed them in Production after the Preview refresh happened. The logins are synchronized only when a refresh occurs, which takes place every weekend. They do not synchronize automatically.
As a system administrator, you can access the Workfront Proof Preview Sandbox via the Workfront interface.
To access the Workfront Proof Preview Sandbox:
- Log in to your Workfront environment.
- Click Setup in the Global Navigation bar.
- Click System > Preferences.
- In the Test Environments section, click Sandbox Preview.
- Log in with your Preview credentials.
Your Preview credentials should be the same as your Production credential unless you changed them in Production after the Preview refresh happened. The logins are synchronized only when a refresh occurs. They do not synchronize automatically.
- Click the Workfront Proof icon in the Global Navigation Bar.
The Workfront Proof Preview environment displays.
Email notifications are never triggered from the Workfront Proof Preview environment.