This page provides information about the functionality included in the 2017.2 release, which is now available in the Production environment for everyone.
Watch the following video to review the highlights of the 2017.2 release:
The 2017.2 release contains enhancements both for system administrators and other users.
The following sections describe enhancements that are available for system administrators in the Workfront 2017.2 release:
- Restoring Items in Bulk from the Recycle Bin
- Restore Documents
- Support SHA-256 certificates for SAML 2.0
- Determine the Availability of the HTML5 Video Proofing Viewer (ProofHQ and Workfront)
- User Information Is Synchronized from Workfront to ProofHQ
- Type-Ahead for Mapping Attributes
- API 7 Availability
- API Enhancement: Event Subscriptions
- API Enhancement: Access User Allocations
- New Preview Banner with Release Information
The following sections describe enhancements that are available for end-users in the Workfront 2017.2 release:
- View Subscribed Users
- Subscribe to Tasks and Issues
- Subscribe to Projects
- Unsubscribe to Items from Email
Resource Planning Enhancements
- Resource Planner
- New Resource Budgeted Hour Field
- New Field for Resource Pools for Users and Projects
- Resource Pools Templates
Resource Scheduling Enhancements
- New Team Scheduling Area (Team Builder)
- View More Items on the Resource Scheduling Timeline in a Single View
- Configure the Project Name to Display on Tasks and Issues on the Scheduling Timeline
- Configure Whether Parent Tasks Are Displayed on the Scheduling Timeline
- More Easily Expand or Collapse All Tasks and Issues on the Scheduling Timeline
- Role and User Information Remains at the Top of the Scheduling Timeline When Scrolling
- Show Fewer Items by Default
- Display Drop Indicator and Over-Allocation When Dragging Tasks and Issues
- User Allocations Are No Longer Rounded to the Nearest Half Hour
- Export the Utilization Report in TSV and PDF Formats
- Show User Job Role in 'Assigned To' Area on the Details Page for Tasks and Issues
- Multiple Billing Rates
Proofing Enhancements within Workfront
- View Proof Approvals in the My Work Area
- View User Names when Addressing Proofing Approval Requests from the My Work Area
- Proof Decision Displays in the My Work Area
- New 'Proof Creator' Object in Document Version Report
- Compare Proofs
- View Versions of Proofed Documents within Workfront
- New Requester Object in Proof Approval Report
Proofing Enhancements within both ProofHQ and Workfront
- Improved Proofing Viewer
- View Rich Media Proofs in Alternate Resolutions
- View Rich Media Proofs in Preset Resolutions
- View URL to Sub-Pages in Comments on Rich Media Proofs
Proofing Enhancements within ProofHQ
- Create Custom Views Based on Existing Standard Views
- Filter the Reporting Area
- Display Minimum and Maximum Values in Reports
- User Calendar Enhancements in the My Work Area
- Layout Template Determines Whether the New or Legacy Calendar Displays in the My Work Area
- Updated Look and Feel in the Dashboard List
- Include the Gantt Chart Legend When Exporting to PDF
- Configure How Milestones Are Displayed on the Gantt Chart
- In-App Notification for Proof Approval
- Mobile Improvements
- Slash Added to Filter Statements for Field Values that Contain Commas
Functionality Being Removed
Removed from Production
Removed from Early Access
Early Access is being deprecated both in the Preview and Production environments.
As a result of this change, the following feature was removed from Early Access in the Preview environment in the 2017.2 Beta 1 release.
This feature will be removed from Early Access in the Production environment with the 2017.2 release and will no longer be available to any users.
For more information about Early Access, see "Understanding Early Access."
To view webinar recordings for the 2017.2 release, see "2017.2 Release Webinars."
Product Roadmap Webinar
The Q2 2017 Product Roadmap Webinar was presented by the Workfront Product Team on May 17, 2017. This webinar provides a sneak peak of upcoming product changes that will impact your organization.
The webinar recording is available HERE.
The R2 release enables users, knowledge workers, and administrators to better manage their work. With R2, adminstrators can customize Workfront to better match the organization's terminology; knowledge workers can leverage utilization reports to better understand how projects are tracking against planned and budgeted hours; users can engage in Workfront directly from Outlook 365 and be more productive when using the Workfront mobile app; and much more.