The functionality described in this section is available when using the Workfront Add-In in Outlook 365 on the web, as well as when using the Windows and Mac desktop versions of Outlook included with the Office 365 subscription. For more information, see "Setting Up the Workfront Add-In for Oultook."
You can update an existing project, task, or issue with information from an email.
- Select the email that contains the information that you want to include in a Workfront update.
- Click the Workfront icon in the upper-right corner of the email message to display the Workfront add-in.
- Click the Menu icon to display the list of available Workfront options.
- Click Update in Workfront.
You can update the following information from the email before it is saved as a task:
Type: Select the type of object you are updating. You can select Project, Task, or Issue. The object you select determines the results that display in the Name field below. If you are unsure of the type of object, select All to search for projects, tasks, and issues simultaneously.
Name: Begin typing the name of the project, task, or issue that you want to update. Click the name when it appears in the drop-down list.
Update: By default, the update is the same as the email Body. You can modify the update as desired.
This update is displayed as the update status in Workfront.
Attachments: Any email attachments are saved to the Documents area of the task. You can delete any attachments before submitting the update.
- (Optional) Click Include Others, begin typing the name of users who you want to include in the update, then click the name when it appears in the drop-down list.
Repeat this process to include additional users, then click Done.
By default, the user you are replying to receives a notification regardless of whether you include them.
- (Optional) Click the Lock icon to restrict this update to users within your company. When the update is locked, users outside your company cannot see the update.
Unlocked: Any user with access to the project, task, or issue where the update resides can view the update.
By default, the update is unlocked.
Locked: Only users within your company can view the update.
- Click Update.
- (Optional) Click View in Workfront to view the updated item with the Workfront integration within Outlook.