The functionality described in this section is available when using the Workfront Add-In in Outlook 365 on the web, as well as when using the Windows and Mac desktop versions of Outlook included with the Office 365 subscription. For more information, see "Setting Up the Workfront Add-In for Outlook."
You can convert emails to Workfront tasks. After an email is converted, the task is available in your My Work area within Workfront.
- Select the email within Outlook 365 that you want to convert to a task in your My Work area.
- Click the Workfront icon in the upper-right corner of the email message to display the Workfront add-in.
- Click the Menu icon to display the list of available Workfront options.
- Click Add to My Work.
- Unselect the Add to Project field.
- (Optional) You can update the following information from the email before it is saved as a task:
Task Name: By default, the task name is the same as the email Subject. You can modify the task name as desired.
Description: By default, the description is the same as the email Body. You can modify the description as desired.
Attachments: Any email attachments are saved to the Documents area of the task. You can delete any attachments before saving the email as a task.
- Click Add.
The task is added to the Working On tab in your My Work area with no commit date.
- (Optional) Click View in Workfront to display the task within the Workfront application in a new tab.
- (Optional) Navigate back to Outlook 365, and select the original email.
At the top of the Workfront add-in panel, notice the confirmation with a link that the email was added to Workfront as a task. The link includes the date on which it was converted.