You can convert Outlook emails to Workfront tasks. After an email is converted, the task is available in your Work List in the Home area.
- Select the email within Outlook that you want to convert to a task.
- Click the Workfront icon in the upper-right corner of the email message to display the Workfront add-in.
You might need to click the down-pointing arrow in the upper right of your email to access the Workfront icon.
- Click the Menu icon to display the list of available Workfront options.
- Click Add to Work.
- Unselect the Add to Project field.
- (Optional) You can update the following information from the email before it is saved as a task:
- Task Name: By default, the task name is the same as the email Subject. You can modify the task name as desired.
- Description: By default, the description is the same as the email Body. You can modify the description as desired.
- Attachments: Any email attachments are saved to the Documents area of the task. You can delete any attachments before saving the email as a task.
- Click Add.
The task is added to the Work List in your Home area with no commit date.
- (Optional) Click View in Workfront to open the task within the Workfront application in a new tab.
- (Optional) Navigate back to Outlook, and select the original email.
At the top of the Workfront add-in panel, notice the confirmation with a link that the email was added to Workfront as a task. The link includes the date on which it was converted.