The functionality described in this section is available when using the Workfront Add-In in Outlook 365 on the web, as well as when using the Windows and Mac desktop versions of Outlook included with the Office 365 subscription. For more information, see "Setting Up the Workfront Add-In for Oultook."
When you receive a Workfront email notification in your Outlook inbox, you can quickly post a comment to Workfront simply by replying to the notification within Outlook.
- Select the Workfront email notification that contains the comment you want to reply to.
- Click the Workfront icon in the upper-right corner of the email message to display the Workfront add-in.
- Click the Menu icon to display the list of available Workfront options.
- Click Reply to Comment.
- Specify your comment in the provided field.
- (Optional) Click Include Others, begin typing the name of users who you want to include in the update, then click the name when it appears in the drop-down list.
Repeat this process to include additional users, then click Done.
By default, the user you are replying to receives a notification regardless of whether you include them.
- (Optional) Click the Lock icon to restrict this update to users within your company. When the update is locked, users outside your company cannot see the update.
Unlocked: Any user with access to the project, task, or issue where the update resides can view the update.
By default, the update is unlocked.
Locked: Only users within your company can view the update.
- Click Comment.