When a user leaves an organization and is deactivated, the reports they created might not be accessible to other users. This happens because every report you create has you as the default owner of the report. If the owner of a report is a deactivated user, the report no longer displays for any other users.
When you cannot access this type of report, you can copy it and you automatically become the owner of the copied report.
To copy a report and automatically change the report owner:
- Navigate to the report you want to own.
- Click Report Actions, then Copy.
A copy of the original report is created and the default name is Copy of <Name of the original report.>
This creates your own version of the report of which you are the default owner.
- (Optional) Click Report Actions, then Share , to share the new version of the report with other users.
NOTE The sharing information does not transfer to the copied report from the original version.
- (Optional) If you have Manage permissions to the original report, navigate to it, then click Report Actions, and then Delete to delete the report.
- (Optional and conditional) Click Yes, Delete It to confirm that you want to delete the original report.