Problems may arise when processing API requests. This should handled in a consistent way across across all API endpoints. When an error occurs, the webhook provider do the following:
- Include an error code in the response header. Error codes include:
- 403 - Forbidden. Indicates that either the request tokens are missing or invalid, or that credentials associated with the tokens don’t have access to the specified resource. For OAuth-based webhook providers, Workfront will attempt to retrieve new access tokens.
- 404 - Not found. Indicates that the specified file or folder doesn’t exist.
- 500 - Internal Server Error. Any other type of error.
- Describe the error in the response body using the following format:
error: “Sample error message”