If your proofs are always reviewed by the same people, you can create Automated Workflow templates so that their email addresses are populated when a template is selected on the New proof page.
Doesn't matter if the review cycle is complex with many stages or if you simply need to have your content approved by a specific person in the company before it's sent out to the client - if your tasks repeat frequently, templates are the solution for you!
Administrators in the account can create as many templates as your company needs and the proof creator simply selects the one they need on the New proof page. The template can still be modified, so you can add or remove people before sending out the proof.
- Workflow tab
- Creating a new template
- Template settings
- Workflow diagram
- Stage settings
- Adding reviewers
- Deleting a stage from the template
- Sharing templates
- Managing templates
Templates make setting up proofs with Automated Workflow effortless. Once the templates are set up in the account, all you have to do when you create a proof is select one from a dropdown.
Billing Administrators and Administrators can create and manage templates that they can share with the users from their own account.
The Workflow tab is easily accessible from the Sidebar in your ProofHQ Dashboard. See the help article Accessing ProofHQ from Workfront
In the Workflow tab you can:
- Add a new template (1)
- Add a new template group (2)
- Delete one or more template groups (3)
- Access the template details (4)
Templates can be organized into groups. If you need to move them between groups, you can easily do so by dragging and dropping them between groups listed on the page.
- Go to the Workflow tab (1) in Account Settings
- Click on the plus menu (2)
- Select New template (3)
- Name the template (1)
- Select the owner of the template (2) - only Billing Administrators and Administrators can be made owners of Workflow templates; the template owner is the only person allowed to modify the stages if the template permissions are disabled
- Select the template group (3)
- Grant specific template permissions (4) to the people the template is shared with
The diagram floats which means that it will continue to be visible even if you scroll down the page.
If you don't need to see the diagram, you can choose to hide it (1).
The stage name will appear on the Workflow diagram and will also appear in the email notifications sent to reviewers.
For each stage of your Workflow, you can decide when it's supposed to be activated. For your first stage, only the below three will be available:
- On proof creation (1)
- On a specific time and date (2)
- Manually (3)
The options that require picking a parent stage are:
- After previous deadline is reached (4)
- All decisions are Approved or Approved with changes (5)
- All decisions are Approved (6)
- All decisions are made (7)
You can set up a default calculation for the deadline on each stage of the workflow. The options here are:
- From proof creation (8) - in the deadline dropdown (10) you select the number of business days that will be added to the proof creation date to automatically set a deadline on the proof
- From stage activation (9) - in the deadline dropdown (10) you select the number of business days that will be added to the stage activation date to automatically set a deadline on the proof
You may want each stage to lock itself automatically when the reviewers are done. You can include this in the template as well, the options are:
- Manual lock (11)
- Never (12)
- When the next stage starts (13)
- When all decisions are made (14)
Primary decision maker
You set the Primary decision maker on the stage. The available decision makers will only come up in the list after you've added the reviewers to the stage.
Please note: If you pick a Primary decision maker, Only one decision required option will no longer be available on this stage.
Only one decision required
You can enable Only one decision required on the stage. This means that the review will be completed once one of the decision makers makes their decision.
Each stage can be made private. If a stage is private, the comments and decisions won't be visible to people who are not added to this stage or are not Supervisors and above in the account.
This is discussed in more detail here.
Do not allow this stage to be deleted
If this option is selected on a stage, the stage will be mandatory on a proof.
When the template is applied on a proof, none of the participants in the review cycle will be able to delete that stage and the last reviewer from that stage won't be removable either (a warning message will be displayed).
To add reviewers to a proof:
- Enter their name or email address (1)
- Set their role on the proof (2)
- Set their email alert (3)
- To remove a reviewer from the stage, click on the trash icon next to their name (4)
- To remove all reviewers from a stage, click on the top trash icon (5)
If you need to move a reviewer between stages, you can simply just drag and drop them from one stage to another. Available stages will be highlighted in blue in the diagram and the drop area on each stage will turn blue as well.
Please note: If the Do not allow this stage to be deleted option is selected on the template for a stage, the delete stage icon won't be available.
If you want the template to be available only to selected users, you can remove your company from the template and share it with the users specifically.
Here's how it's done:
- In the Share template with section click on the trash icon to remove your company from the template (1)
- Add the users to the template by typing their name or email address (2)
In the template details you can:
- Share the template with additional users from your account (if the template is not shared with the whole company) (1)
- Copy the template (2) - this will add a copy to the template list - the name of the template will start from the word Copy
- Delete the template (3)
- Rename the template (4) - simply click in the field and edit it, click outside of the box to save the changes
- Change the template owner (5)
- Change the template settings (6)
Before working with the stages of your template you can change the view of the section for your convenience. The options are:
- View a stage in detail (1)
- View all stages (2)
- View all stages in detail (3)
- You can also show or hide the workflow diagram (4)
- Click on Add people to a stage (1)
- Enter the person's name or email address to add them to the template (2)
- Set their role on the proof (3)
- Set their email alert (4)
- To remove them from the template click on the trash icon next to their name (5)
Please note: The deadline field is inactive as the deadline will be taken from the stage settings in the template.
- Click on New stage (1)
- Here you will be able to set the stage settings as described on this page