The Compare function is a very powerful tool that lets you compare two versions of the same proof or even two completely separate proofs (in the same folder) side by side. To open the compare interface, click the Compare button in the Workfront Proof Viewer (see point 4 in Overview section above). You can compare differences between proofs automatically by clicking the Auto-Compare (5) button.
While in the Compare mode you can:
- Toggle between the versions (1)
- Choose from two comparison modes:
- Side-by-side comparison (2)
- Overlay comparison (3)
- Auto-compare (4) - this is pixel-level comparison where differences will be highlighted in red. The proof on the left hand side is compared to the proof on the right hand side, with any differences being shown in red on the left proof.
- Lock/unlock simultaneous navigation of proofs (5)
- Close the Compare mode (6)
The Compare function has a number of key features:
- If you want to compare 2 different versions of the same proof:
- Versions are displayed side-by-side at the same zoom level and same position on the page
- The new version is shown on the left and the old version is shown on the right
- The older version on the right opens with the first comment displayed. This makes it really easy to check that the comment has been actioned on the new version
- You can navigate from comment to comment on the older version and the new version will move in sync
- You can select which versions of the proof you want to compare, by clicking the version number at the top of each side of the split screen
- You can compare differences between proofs automatically by clicking the Auto-Compare button
- You can use the Overlay comparison (7) to position one version above the other and trace the changes by moving the divider (8) sideways
- If there are multiple proofs in the same folder and you want to compare 2 different proofs within that folder
- You can select which ever proofs within the folder that you want to compare, by clicking the folder icon at each side of the split screen and selecting the proof
- Proofs are displayed side-by-side at the same zoom level and same position on the page
- You can navigate from comment to comment on each proof and both proofs will move in sync
- You can compare differences between the proofs automatically by clicking the Auto-Compare button
- When simultaneous navigation is locked and you navigate, zoom and pan, both versions will move together.
- You can turn off the sync function and re-sync if you have done so. This is useful if each version/proof has different pagination.