- Understanding Requests
- Understanding Request Types
- Configuring Request Types
- Configuring Issue Statuses within Different Request Types
While working on a project, you might discover that unexpected events arise. You can log those unexpected events as issues for a particular project or task. You can also submit requests which are recorded as issues on a project designated as a Request Queue. "Issues" and "requests" are used interchangeably in Workfront.
You can organize the kind of issues or requests that are logged in Workfront by Request Types. This organization is useful for reporting reasons, to understand what kind of unexpected work might occur during the lifetime of a project.
You can specify the type of requests that can be logged on a project when you configure the Queue Details area on the Queue Setup tab of the project.
To specify what issue or request types are allowed on a project:
- Navigate to the Projects area in your Global Navigation Bar.
- Select the Projects tab.
- Click the name of a project.
- Click More, then select the Queue Setup tab.
- Select the Queue Details sub-tab.
- Under the Queue Properties section, select from the following four Request Types available by default:
- Bug Report
- Change Order
NOTE You must have at least one request type selected. You can select multiple request types.
- Click Save.
The request types you specified will be available to select when you enter a new issue on a task or a project, or when you submit a new request to the project.
As a system administrator, you can configure the names of the request types in your system.
After you configure the new names of your request types, the new name is visible in any areas of Workfront where the Issue Type or Request Type fields are visible.
To configure the names of request types:
- Navigate to the Setup area in the Global Navigation Bar.
- Expand Project Preferences, then select Statuses.
- Select the Issues tab.
- At the top of the Issues tab, mouse over the names of the Request Types, and click the Edit icon.
- The name of the Request Type becomes editable. Start typing a new name and click Enter.
The name of the Request Type should update to the name you specified.
The new names are visible in the following areas:
- In the Queue Details area of the Queue Setup tab of a project that will receive the issues or requests.
- If more than one request type is selected for a Request Queue, in the New Issue Form in the Issue Type field, when you create a new issue or submit a new request.
For more information about creating issues in Workfront, see "Creating Issues."
For more information about creating requests in Workfront, see "Creating Workfront Requests."
- On the Queue Topic Detail form, when you configure the Queue Topic.
For more information about creating Queue Topics, see "Creating Queue Topics."
You can associate each request type with different issue statuses. You can also change the order in which the statuses display on an issue, depending on what type of issue it is.
For more information about changing the default order of issue statuses and configuring issue statuses, see the "Understanding Status Order for Issues" section in "Creating and Customizing Statuses for the Workfront Site."