This page provides information about the functionality included in the 2017.3 release. (For information about 2017.2, which released in late July, see the 2017.2 Release Activity Overview page.)
The functionality described on this page is currently available in the Preview environment, and will be available in the Production environment in November.
NOTE Functionality in the Preview environment is subject to change prior to releasing in the Production environment.
The 2017.3 release contains enhancements both for system administrators and other users.
The following sections describe enhancements that are available for system administrators in the Workfront 2017.3 release:
- Prevent Tasks and Issues from Being Deleted When Hours Are Logged
- Removal of the "Early Access" Setting from the Setup Area
- Workfront Default Email Address Change
The following sections describe enhancements that are available for end-users in the Workfront 2017.3 release:
- View Scheduling Area in Full-Screen Mode
- More Date Range Options for Viewing the Resource Scheduling Area
- View Projected Dates on the Scheduling Timeline
- Widescreen Display
- Resize and Reorder Columns in Reports and Lists
- Clear Custom Data Option When Copying Tasks and Issues
- Create a Project Directly from a Template
- In-App Notification for Subscribed Objects
- @Tagging Currently Not Available in the Preview Environment
- Include User Allocation Information in the Utilization Report on a Project
NOTE The functionality described in this section is now available to use with your Workfront Production account; this is not Preview functionality.
The following functionality was added to the production version of the Workfront mobile app for both Android and iOS in August, 2017:
Timesheet New Entry
Custom Form Editing
Proof Approval Requests
- Push Notifications for Subscribed Items
For more detailed information about these changes, see "Updated Mobile App for iOS and Android (Early August, 2017)."
Attend the 2017.3 August Releases Webinar presented by the Workfront Release Readiness team on August 23, 2017 at 9:00 AM MT. This webinar will focus on the new functionality that has been made available in Preview during the month of August.
Register for the webinar HERE.