Sharing in Workfront Proof enables you to configure the accounts proofs can be shared with, whether users can see all versions of a proof, and the timing when users gain access to shared items.
- Configuring Sharing with Other Accounts
- Configuring Visibility to All Versions of a Shared Proof
- Configuring Proof Visibility Based on Workflow Stage Activity
Configuring Sharing with Other Accounts
This setting is only available on Unlimited plans and lets you restrict the sharing of your proofs to either your own account only or your own account and any partner accounts you're collaborating with.
This setting is available on Enterprise and Unlimited plans. Recipients can view all versions allows recipients to view all versions of a proof within the Proof Viewer when the Proof URL is enabled.
NOTE This option is available only when using the stand-alone Workfront Proof application; it is not available when using a Workfront Proof instance that is integrated with Workfront.
You can configure when proofs with an automated workflow are visible to users who are associated with a given stage.
You can configure proofs to be visible to users:
- At the time the proof is created. (This is the default configuration.)
When configured in this way, any user associated with a stage in the workflow can see the proof in search results immediately after the proof is created.
- Only after the stage the user is associated with becomes active.
When configured in this way:
- The user does not see the proof in search results until the stage the user is associated with becomes active.
- After a user gains access to a version of a proof (because the stage the user is associated with becomes active), the user can see only that version where the stage is activated. If a previous version never reached the stage the user is associated with, the user cannot see that version of the proof.
For example, User A is associated with Stage 3 in a proof. Version 1 of the proof reaches Stage 2 and is rejected. Version 2 reaches Stage 3, resulting in User A gaining access to the proof. User A can see Version 2; however, Version 1 is never visible to User A.
Users receive an email notification about the proof only after it enters the stage the user is associated with, regardless of this setting.
To configure when proofs with an automated workflow are visible to users:
- Click Account Settings, located in the upper-right corner of the Workfront Proof interface.
- Click the Settings tab.
- In the Sharing section, enable or disable the Proof visibility based on stage activation option.
When this option is disabled: Proofs are visible to users at the time the proof is created.
When this option is enabled: Proofs are visible to users only after the stage the user is associated with becomes active.
After enabling this option, proofs that were created before this option was enabled are still visible to users at the time the proof was created. [! double-check that this is the way it will still work when this feature goes to Production.]