The proof creation process includes both importing and proof generation. Occasionally when creating a proof, a file might fail to import, or the proof might fail to generate after the file is imported.
Following are various reasons why these failures can occur:
NOTE If the document you are attempting to proof does not match any of the criteria listed in this section, please contact Workfront Support for further investigation.
- When creating a combined proof, the proof contains over 50 files. (Combined proofs can contain a maximum of 50 files.)
For information about creating a combined proof, see "Generating an Advanced Proof on a Document" in "Creating a Proof."
- The file type is not supported.
For a list of supported file types, see "Supported Proofing File Types."
- The file structure is a non-standard structure for the file type.
- The file is protected by a password or has content copying disabled.
- The page length or page count exceeds the limit.
The maximum allowed page length is 195 inches after rasterizing; the maximum allowed page count is 2,000 pages for a single proof.
- The file is damaged or corrupted.