Occasionally when creating a proof, the proof fails to generate. Following are various reasons why a proof might fail to generate:
- The file type is not supported.
For a list of supported file types, see "Supported Proofing File Types."
- The file structure is a non-standard structure for the file type.
- The file is protected by a password or has content copying disabled.
- The page length or page count exceeds the limit.
The maximum allowed page length is 195 inches after rasterizing; the maximum allowed page count is 2,000 pages for a single proof.
- The file is damaged or corrupted.
If the document you are attempting to proof does not match any of the above criteria, please contact Workfront Support for further investigation.