Enabling SAML in the Sandbox 1 environment. When clicking the Test Connection button, Errors indicating SAML is not configured properly. Each SAML system will report the error differently but, will be similar to:
Error: SAML 2 SSO Profile is not configured. Either you haven't uploaded your metadata yet or your SP's entityID has not yet been properly configured.
Specifically when working with the Sandbox 1 environment when configuring Workfront to use SSO / SAML 2 you will need to do the following:
- Setup > System > Single Sign-On
- from the Type drop down select SAML 2
- Edit the Service Provider ID = check this box and change the URL to yourdomain.SB01.workfront.com.com/SAML2
- Click "Download SAML 2.0 Metadata" link. This will download the correct Workfront Metadata with the correct Service Provider ID.
- Provide this Workfront metatdata to SAML.
Continue with the SSO configuration. See this document for more information.