Integrating Workfront with Slack allows you to do the following:
- Access your Workfront work items, approvals, favorites, recent items from Slack.
- Subscribe for, approve, assign work from Slack.
- Create tasks and issues from Slack.
When you integrate your Slack instance with Workfront all your users can use Workfront while collaborating within their Slack channels. The integration can be used from any Slack environment, including the Slack mobile app.
- You must have a Slack instance.
- Your Slack system administrator must allow all Slack users to install the Workfront add-in for Slack
- Your Slack users must have Workfront licenses to be able to use the integrated features in Workfront.
For more information about managing apps in Slack, see "Manage Apps for Your Workspace."
Each Slack user must install the Workfront add-in themselves in order to use Workfront from Slack. You can install the add-in in the following ways:
- Installing the Workfront Add-in outside of the Slack Application
- Installing the Workfront Add-in within the Slack Application
- Click the following button to begin the installation process.
- Sign in to your workspace by specifying your Slack URL.
- Click Authorize to authorize the Workfront Add-in.
You can install the Workfront Add-in directly from the Slack application:
- Navigate to the following URL: <YourTeamName>.slack.com/apps
Click the Add Apps icon in your Slack instance.
- Start typing 'Workfront' in the search field.
- Click Enter.
- Select the Workfront app.
- Click Visit Site to Install.
- Click Add to Slack.
- Follow the steps to finish the installation.