The highlighted information on this page refers to functionality not yet generally available. It is available only in the beta version of the Workfront Mobile app.
You can use Spotlight search on iOS devices to search content within the Workfront app.
- Log in to the Workfront mobile app as described in "Logging in to the Workfront App."
Spotlight does not search the Workfront app when you are not logged in to the app.
- Swipe the screen down to open the Spotlight Search box on your mobile device.
- Start typing a search term in the Spotlight Search box.
Spotlight returns search results from your Workfront projects, tasks, or issues in the following circumstances:
- Projects, tasks, and issues in your Working On area
- Projects, tasks, and issues assigned to you or one of your teams
Projects, tasks, and issues mentioned in a notification (Coming soon)
Projects, tasks, and issues requested for approval (Coming soon)
You can perform a general search in the mobile app, for multiple objects at the same time, or you can specifically search for the following objects:
To search for an object by name:
- Navigate to the Workfront main menu, then tap Search.
If accessing Workfront from the Android beta app, access the Search box at the top of the mobile app from any page.
- The Recent Items are shown first in the list.
This is the same Recent Items list you see in the web application.
- You can select All in drop-down menu in the upper-right corner of the screen to do a general search and search for all objects
You can select a specific object from the drop-down menu and start typing the name of the object.
You can select from the following types of objects:
- Start typing the name or the reference number of the object in the field provided. You can only search by the name or the reference number of an object, and not any other object field.
For example, if you are typing a keyword found in the Description or Custom Form of the object, the item you are looking for is not returned in the results.
If you are performing a general search, the objects whose name matches your keyword start appearing in the list. They are grouped by object type.
The text found in the objects which are uploaded on your mobile device is highlighted in orange.
- Tap the object when it appears on the list to access it.
The search looks for the objects which are listed in the Recent Items list as well as for all objects that have been downloaded on your mobile device first.
- (Conditional) If nothing is found, you are prompted to tap Search on the keyboard, after you have entered your keyword.
This time, the app is looking for the text you typed to match the name of any object you have access to in the entire system. This might take a longer time. If this search times out, try using more specific keywords.
See the features in pink, for coming soon.