- Supported Mobile Devices and Operating Systems
- Getting Started
- Disabling Areas in the Mobile App
- Functionality Not Currently Supported in the Mobile App
iOS: Phones and tablets running iOS 8.4 or later.
Android: Phones and tablets running one of the two most recent versions of Android.
The Workfront mobile app is optimized for phones.
- Downloading and Installing the App
- Logging in to the Workfront App
- Logging in to the Workfront App with SAML 2.0
When viewing Workfront from a browser on a mobile device, a banner is displayed that allows you to download the Workfront mobile app if you have not already, or open the Workfront mobile app if you have already downloaded it.
Specify the following information when logging in to your Workfront site via the app:
yourcompany: The Workfront server address. For example, yourcompanydomain.my.workfront.com
NOTE If your organization is using SAML 2.0 as the single sign-on solution, follow the steps in "Logging In to the Workfront App with SAML 2.0."
Username: The same user name you use when logging in to Workfront in a browser.
Password: The same password you use when logging in to Workfront in a browser.
When you log in to the Workfront mobile app for the first time, you see a set of tutorials that guide you through each feature you are using for the first time. After acknowledging the tutorial by tapping Okay, got it., you never see the tutorial again unless you uninstall and reinstall the Workfront mobile app, or if you log in as another user.
If your organization is using SAML 2.0 authentication and you do not know your Workfront credentials, you can log in directly to the Workfront app without entering your login credentials.
NOTE Your system administrator must enable SAML 2.0 authentication with the Workfront web application in order to log in as described in this section. (For information about how to enable SAML 2.0, see the "Enabling Authentication to Workfront with SAML 2.0" section in "Configuring Workfront with SAML 2.0".) If you cannot log in as described in this section, contact your system administrator.
- Tap Use SAML to Log In.
- In the companydomain field, specify the Workfront server address.
For example, yourcompanydomain.my.workfront.com
- Tap Continue.
You can disable areas of the mobile app. For example, if you do not use approvals in your organization and you no longer want the Approvals section of the mobile app to appear, you can disable it.
- Navigate to the Workfront home page.
- Tap the Menu icon in the upper-left corner of the page.
- Tap Settings, then disable any of the following areas and features of the mobile app:
- Push Notifications
- Tap Done.
Current mobile operating systems store information in the application memory on the device in order to provide better performance.
The functionality described in this section is not available in the Workfront mobile app. To leverage these features, you must access Workfront from a web browser:
- Viewing reports and dashboards (Use the Workfront View app instead)
- Viewing the project timeline
- Using the agile storyboard