- Supported Mobile Devices and Operating Systems
- Getting Started
- Disabling Areas in the Mobile App
- Functionality Not Currently Supported in the Mobile App
You can install and use the Workfront mobile app on the following platforms and devices:
- iOS: Phones and tablets running iOS 10 or later.
We support iPhone 5 and later.
- Android: Phones running Android 5.0 (or Lollipop), or later.
The Workfront mobile app is optimized for phones.
- Downloading and Installing the App
- Logging in to the Workfront App
- Logging in to the Workfront App with SAML 2.0
- Understanding the Time Limit of a Workfront Session when Logging in to the Mobile App
When viewing Workfront from a browser on a mobile device, a banner is displayed that allows you to download the Workfront mobile app if you have not already, or open the Workfront mobile app if you have already downloaded it.
To log in to the Workfront mobile app, after installing it:
- Specify the Workfront URL for your company. The URL should display in the following format:
- Specify your Username.
- Specify your password.
NOTE If your organization is using SAML 2.0 as the single sign-on solution, follow the steps in "Logging In to the Workfront App with SAML 2.0."
When you log in to the Workfront mobile app for the first time, you see a set of tutorials that guide you through each feature you are using for the first time. After acknowledging the tutorial by tapping Okay, got it., you never see the tutorial again unless you uninstall and reinstall the Workfront mobile app, or if you log in as another user.
If your organization is using SAML 2.0 authentication and you do not know your Workfront credentials, you can log in directly to the Workfront app without entering your login credentials.
NOTE Your system administrator must enable SAML 2.0 authentication with the Workfront web application in order to log in as described in this section.
For information about how to enable SAML 2.0, see the "Enabling Authentication to Workfront with SAML 2.0" section in "Configuring Workfront with SAML 2.0". If you cannot log in as described in this section, contact your system administrator.
- Tap Use SAML to Log In.
- Specify the Workfront server address in the following format:<YourCompanyDomain>.my.workfront.com
- Tap Continue and follow the login steps for your SAML portal.
The is a time limit for your Workfront session when you are logged in to the Workfront mobile app. The time limit depends on how you log in to Workfront.
- Time Limit When Logging in to the Mobile App with SAML 2.0
- Time Limit When Logging in to the Mobile App with Workfront Credentials
When logging in to the mobile app using SAML 2.0 you are redirected to the SAML 2.0 login page in the mobile browser. After you successfully log in, the session is open for a limited time which depends on the following:
- The API key expiration settings in your environment
Your system administrator can change the frequency that API keys expire in order to prolong the time of the logged-in session in Workfront Mobile App.
For more on managing API keys please check: Managing API Keys for the Workfront System.
- The Automatically log users out after <time frame> setting in your System Preferences.
Your system administrator can change the time frame for which you can remain logged in to Workfront.
For more information about configuring system security preferences, see "Configuring System Security Preferences."
When logging in to the mobile app using Workfront credentials your session remains open until you reset your password, or manually log out.
Workfront allows for no time limit on this session to make your mobile experience more seamless.
You can disable areas of the mobile app. For example, if you do not use approvals in your organization and you no longer want the Approvals section of the mobile app to appear, you can disable it.
You can also modify what area is the default area when you first log in to the mobile app.
To disable areas in the mobile app or change your default area:
- From any page in the Workfront app, tap the Menu icon in the upper-left corner of the page or swipe from any place on the page to the right.
- Tap Settings
- (Optional) The Work area is enabled by default. Disable the Work option to switch to the Home (BETA) view.
NOTE Enable the Home (BETA) area if you want to try out the new Work experience. This area is currently being developed.
- Select a default area from the Show After Log In drop-down menu.
This is where the mobile app opens when you launch it.
- Modify the options for the following areas to disable or enable them. Only the areas you enable display on the main menu of the mobile app:
then disable any of the following areas and features of the mobile app:
- Work or Home, if enabled
You can only display the Home area or the Work area in the app. You cannot have them both available at the same time.
- Push Notifications
- Work or Home, if enabled
- Tap Done.
Current mobile operating systems store information in the application memory on the device in order to provide better performance.
By default, iOS phones use AES-256 encryption of data.
For the iOS mobile application, Workfront does not have any additional encryption.
For the Android mobile application, Workfront uses AES-256 encryption of data.
The following functionality is not available in the Workfront mobile app. To leverage these features, you must access Workfront from a web browser:
- Viewing reports and dashboards (we recommend using the Workfront View app for iPad instead)
- Viewing the project timeline, Business Case, or finances
- Accessing the Hour object
- Accessing Portfolio and Program information
- Using the Agile Story Board
- Managing your email notification settings
You can access this functionality by logging in to Workfront in your mobile browser.