- Supported Mobile Devices and Operating Systems
- Get Started
- Disable Areas in the Mobile App
- Functionality Not Currently Supported in the Mobile App
You can install and use the Workfront mobile app on the following platforms and devices:
- iOS: Phones and tablets running iOS 10 or later.
We support iPhone 5 and later.
- Android: Phones and tablets running Android 5.0 (or Lollipop), or later.
The Workfront mobile app is optimized for phones and tablets.
- Download and Install the App
- Log in to the Workfront App
- Access Workfront from Home Screen Shortcuts
- Understand the Time Limit of a Workfront Session when You Log in to the Mobile App
If you have become a beta tester for an iOS device, you must update your Workfront app using the TestFlight application. For information about signing up for our beta versions of the mobile app, see "Access the Beta Environment for the Beta Mobile App."
When viewing Workfront from a browser on a mobile device, a banner is displayed that allows you to download the Workfront mobile app if you have not already, or open the Workfront mobile app if you have already downloaded it.
- Specify the Workfront URL for your company or the link to your SAML authentication portal. The Workfront URL should display in the following format:
If you are logging in with you SAML credentials, follow the login steps from your SAML authentication portal.
NOTE Your system administrator must enable SAML 2.0 authentication with the Workfront web application in order to log in with your SAML credentials.
For information about how to enable SAML 2.0, see the "Enabling Authentication to Workfront with SAML 2.0" section in "Configuring Workfront with SAML 2.0". If you cannot log in as described in this section, contact your system administrator.
- Tap NEXT.
- Specify the Username of your Workfront account or SAML user.
- Specify the Password for your Workfront account or SAML user.
- (Optional) Tap the eye icon to display or hide your password.
- Tap SIGN IN.
You are signed in.
- Tap Okay, got it or GETTING STARTED to navigate through the tutorials displayed. These tutorials display only the first time you access the app. The tutorials display again only when you uninstall and reinstall the Workfront mobile app, or if you log in as another user. After closing out the tutorials, the area that you selected to show after logging in displays.
For information about selecting the area to log in, see "Accessing Your Profile Information and Configuring Your Mobile App."
You can access
- From the home screen of your mobile device, locate the Workfront app.
- Long tap on the app, and the shortcuts menu displays.
- Select from the following options to access various items in Workfront:
- Search to search for an item.
- Notifications to review your list of notifications
- <Project Name> to open the most recently accessed project.
- <Task Name> to open the most recently accessed accessed task.
The is a time limit for your Workfront session when you are logged in to the Workfront mobile app. The time limit depends on how you log in to Workfront.
- Time Limit When Logging in to the Mobile App with SAML 2.0
- Time Limit When Logging in to the Mobile App with Workfront Credentials
When logging in to the mobile app using SAML 2.0 you are redirected to the SAML 2.0 login page in the mobile browser. After you successfully log in, the session is open for a limited time which depends on the following:
- The API key expiration settings in your environment
Your system administrator can change the frequency that API keys expire in order to prolong the time of the logged-in session in Workfront Mobile App.
For more on managing API keys please check: Managing API Keys for the Workfront System.
- The Automatically log users out after <time frame> setting in your System Preferences.
Your system administrator can change the time frame for which you can remain logged in to Workfront.
For more information about configuring system security preferences, see "Configuring System Security Preferences."
When logging in to the mobile app using Workfront credentials your session remains open until you reset your password, or manually log out.
Workfront allows for no time limit on this session to make your mobile experience more seamless.
You can disable areas of the mobile app. For example, if you do not use approvals in your organization and you no longer want the Approvals section of the mobile app to appear, you can disable it.
You can also modify which area is the default area when you first log in to the mobile app.
For more information about accessing your profile page and configuring your mobile app, see the "Configuring Your Mobile App" section in "Accessing Your Profile Information and Configuring Your Mobile App."
Current mobile operating systems store information in the application memory on the device in order to provide better performance.
By default, iOS phones use AES-256 encryption of data.
For the iOS mobile application, Workfront does not have any additional encryption.
For the Android mobile application, Workfront uses AES-256 encryption of data.
The following functionality is not available in the Workfront mobile app. To leverage these features, you must access Workfront from a web browser:
- Viewing reports and dashboards (we recommend using the Workfront View app for iPad instead)
- Viewing the project timeline, Business Case, or finances
- Accessing the Hour object
- Accessing Portfolio and Program information
- Using the Agile Story Board
- Managing your email notification settings
You can access this functionality by logging in to Workfront in your mobile browser.
Linked to many other articles - do not delete/ change section names or title