You can use the Workfront mobile app to view the same notifications that are displayed in Workfront on the web (as described in "Using In-App Notifications").
You can view your in-app notifications from your mobile app.
The second time you access the Notifications area in the app, you are prompted to enable or disable push notifications.
For more information about push notifications, see the "Configuring Push Notifications" section in this article.
To view notifications in the mobile app:
- Tap Notifications in the bottom navigation bar.
All notifications that you have not yet viewed are displayed.
- (Optional) Tap the Menu icon and select Show all.
All notifications are displayed. The notifications that you have read have a white background, while the new notifications have a gray background.
The following information is included in the notification, as it appears on the list:
- The icon of the object that generated the notification.
- The name of the object that generated the notification and the name of the parent object.
- An indication of what the notification is about.
- The name of the person who generated the notification.
- The date and the time of the notification.
- Swipe an unread notification from right to left, then tap Seen to mark it as Seen.
Tap the notification to open and read it or to navigate to the object where the update that generated the notification was made.
If you tap it to open it, it is automatically marked as Seen.
- (Optional) Tap the Menu icon in the upper right, then tap Mark all as seen.
All notifications are hidden when you mark them as Seen.
Unless you have disabled push notifications for the Workfront app on your device, Workfront sends you push notifications for any events related to the following categories:
- Someone includes me on a directed update.
- Someone includes my team on a directed update.
- Someone comments on a thread I'm in.
- Someone comments on one of my work items.
- I need to approve a document.
- I need to approve a timesheet.
- I need to approve an issue.
- I need to approve a project.
- I need to approve a task.
- A comment is posted on my request.
- I'm set as the primary assignee of a task.
- I'm assigned to an issue.
- Update is made to an item I am subscribed to.
NOTE Push notifications are disabled if you log in to the mobile app using your Sandbox environment URLs. For more information about accessing the Preview Sandbox environment, see "Preview Sandbox Testing Environment." For more information about accessing your Custom Refresh Sandbox, see "Custom Refresh Sandbox Testing Environment."
To enable or disable push notifications in the Workfront mobile app:
- Tap the More icon at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap your name to access your profile page.
- Tap Settings, then slide the toggle icon for Push Notifications to enable or disable them.
- Tap the check mark icon or Done to save your Settings.
When receiving email notifications from Workfront on your mobile phone, you can open the items linked in the email in the Workfront mobile app by tapping the link in the email.
For more information about receiving Workfront email notifications, see "Receiving Email Notifications."
For more information about opening links from emails and other applications on your mobile phone, see the "Sharing a Workfront Link from Another App" section in "Sharing Options in the Workfront Mobile App."