You can use FTP to upload both assets and folders to your Webdam account. (Read more about uploading assets via drag and drop.) FTP is the only way to upload assets greater than 5 GB in size.
IMPORTANT This must be done in Workfront DAM and will not work in Workfront.
To upload assets using FTP, you’ll need to use a third-party FTP client such as FileZilla, Cyberduck or SmartFTP.
NOTE The FTP server is limited to processing a maximum of 250 GB at a time. If you’re importing more than 250 GB, you will need to break it up into separate imports. FTP imports may take up to 24 hours to fully load into Webdam.
This article covers the following topics:
- Step 1: Upload assets/folders to FTP
- Step 2: Upload assets/folders to Webdam
Step 1: Upload assets/folders to FTP
First, you’ll need to upload the assets or folders to the FTP.
- Open the FTP client and create a new site, if necessary.
- Enter the following:
- Host: ftp.webdamdb.com
The username and password for the FTP account are not the same as those used to log into your Webdam account. If you’re unsure of your FTP credentials, please reach out to your customer success manager or implementation consultant.
- Port: 21
- Once connected, load the assets or folders into the FTP queue.
- Once the FTP queue is finished processing, move on to Step 2.
Step 2: Upload assets/folders to Webdam
Once the assets are loaded to the FTP, admins and contributors with upload permissions to a folder can upload the assets and folders to Webdam.
- Log in to Webdam and navigate to the folder you want to upload assets or folders to. (If uploading folders, you can also click the Home folder to import the folders as top-level parent folder.)
- Click Upload on the actions toolbar then select the FTP import tab.
- There will be a dropdown for folders and assets with the number in each displayed. Check the box next to the assets and folders you want to import or click the box next to the dropdown to select all.
- Click the Import button.
- An email and in-system notification will be sent once the FTP import is complete.