The Updates tab of an object displays a maximum number of 200 updates, by default. To see all the updates that any of the users have entered for an object, you can create a Note report that displays all the updates.
NOTE You can only build a report for updates that other users have made on an object. System updates are not reportable.
Creating a report for Notes for any object is identical, regardless of the object.
For example, to create a Note report for all the notes on a project:
- From the Reporting tab, click New Report, then choose Note.
- (Optional) Click Views, then Add Column to add the Name of the Project in the view of the report.
- (Optional) Click Groupings, then Add Grouping to group by the Project Name, if you are reporting on multiple projects at the same time.
This ensures that the notes are grouped by their respective projects, making the report easier to read.
- (Optional) Click Filters, then Add a Filter Rule to filter for just one project, or specific projects.
- (Conditional and optional) Set the Project Name as Equal to the project name of the project you want to view updates for.
- Click Save + Close.
All the updates entered on the project by all users with permissions to at least View the project are displayed in the report.
This is a report and it is in the Getting Started/ Updates section because I think it makes more sense to be in this area, where people want to view updates. - added this to this section from Reporting on 7/3/2018 (AW)