Overtime is not calculated by default in Workfront, but you can create a Timesheet report that calculates overtime.
If the user is associated with a Cost per Hour rate in their profile, you can also calculate the amount of cost for the overtime of that user.
For information about associating users with Cost per Hour rates, see "Configuring My Settings."
NOTE The Overtime field that you can add to a Timesheet view in a list or a report displays the information found in the Overtime field of the timesheet. This information is updated manually by a user with access to modify the timesheet. For more information about the Overtime field in a timesheet, see "Understand the Timesheet Layout."
To add a calculated Overtime column to a timesheet view:
- Go to a list of timesheets, or create a Timesheet Report.
For information about creating reports, see "Creating a Report."
- Click Customize View in a list of timesheets
Select the Columns (View) tab in a Timesheet report.
- Click Add Column.
- Click Switch to Text Mode.
- In the Show in this column area, click Click to edit text.
- Copy and paste the following text mode code in the Text mode dialog box.
displayname=Calculated Overtime CostNOTE This calculation assumes that the user usually works a 40 hour week.
- Click Save, then name the new view and click Save View in a list of timesheets.
Click Save + Close in a Timesheet report.
- (Optional and conditional) if you are building a Timesheet report, specify a name for the report, then click Save Report.
The cost of the overtime of each user is displayed in the Calculated Overtime Cost column.