You can convert emails to Workfront tasks or issues. After an email is converted, the task or issue appears on the project that is selected as you are converting it.
- Select the email within Outlook that you want to convert to a task or an issue.
- Click the Workfront icon in the upper-right corner of the email message to display the Workfront add-in.
You might need to click the down-pointing arrow in the upper right of your email to access the Workfront icon.
- Click the Menu icon to display the list of available Workfront options.
- Click Add to Work.
- Select the Add to Project field.
- Start typing the name of a project in the Project field, then select it when it appears in the list.
- Select the Task radio button if you want to add a task to the selected project.
Select the Issue radio button if you want to add an issue to the selected project.
- (Optional) Specify who this task or issue is assigned to in the Assign this to field.
- (Optional) Specify the Due by date. This becomes the Planned Completion Date of the task or issue.
- (Optional) Update the following information from the email before it is saved as a task or issue:
Task or Issue Name: By default, the task name is the same as the email Subject. You can modify the task name as desired.
Description: By default, the description is the same as the email Body. You can modify the description as desired.
Attachments: Any email attachments are saved to the Documents area of the task or issue. You can delete any attachments before saving the email as a task or issue.
NOTE The required fields are preceded by an asterisk.
- Click Add.
The task or issue is added to the specified project
- (Optional) Click View in Workfront to display the task within the Workfront application in a new tab.
- (Optional) Navigate back to Outlook, and select the converted email.
At the top of the Workfront add-in panel, notice the confirmation with a link that the email was added to Workfront as a task or an issue. The link includes the date on which it was converted.