The functionality described in this section is available when using the Workfront Add-In in Outlook 365 on the web, as well as when using the Windows and Mac desktop versions of Outlook included with the Office 365 subscription. For more information, see "Setting Up the Workfront Add-In for Outlook."
You can convert emails to Workfront tasks or issues. After an email is converted, the task or issue appears on the project that is selected as you are converting it.
- Select the email within Outlook 365 that you want to convert to a task or an issue.
- Click the Workfront icon in the upper-right corner of the email message to display the Workfront add-in.
- Click the Menu icon to display the list of available Workfront options.
- Click Add to Work.
- Select the Add to Project field.
- Start typing the name of a project in the Project field, then select it when it appears in the list.
- Select the Task radio button if you want to add a task to the selected project.
Select the Issue radio button if you want to add an issue to the selected project.
- (Optional) Specify who this task or issue is assigned to in the Assign this to field.
- (Optional) Specify the Due by date. This becomes the Planned Completion Date of the task or issue.
- (Optional) Update the following information from the email before it is saved as a task or issue:
Task or Issue Name: By default, the task name is the same as the email Subject. You can modify the task name as desired.
Description: By default, the description is the same as the email Body. You can modify the description as desired.
Attachments: Any email attachments are saved to the Documents area of the task or issue. You can delete any attachments before saving the email as a task or issue.
NOTE The required fields are preceded by an asterisk.
- Click Add.
The task or issue is added to the specified project
- (Optional) Click View in Workfront to display the task within the Workfront application in a new tab.
- (Optional) Navigate back to Outlook 365, and select the converted email.
At the top of the Workfront add-in panel, notice the confirmation with a link that the email was added to Workfront as a task or an issue. The link includes the date on which it was converted.