NOTE The 18.1 release is available in the Preview environment; it will be made available in the Production environment on the following dates:
- Workfront Proof Production environment - February 27
- Workfront Production environment for clusters 2 and 4 - March 1
- Workfront Production environment for clusters 1, 3, and 5 - March 2
This page provides information about the functionality available in the 2018.1 release.
IMPORTANT Functionality in the Preview environment is subject to change prior to releasing to the Production environment.
Watch the following video to review the highlights of the 2018.1 release:
The 2018.1 release contains enhancements both for system administrators and other users.
The following sections describe enhancements that are available for system administrators in the Workfront 2018.1 release:
- Updated Layout Template to Support the Home Area
- Disable Proofing Email Notifications Sent from Workfront
- Group Administration for Users and Layout Templates
- Reset Password UI Updated for Group Administrators
- Access Level Setup Options for Group Administrators
- Create Timesheet Profiles for Groups
- Recover Deleted Items for Users as a Group Administrator
- Schedules Managed by Group Administrators
- Configure Resource Availability and User Allocations to Calculate Based on the User Schedule
The following sections describe enhancements that are available for end-users in the Workfront 2018.1 release:
Resource Planning Enhancements
- Display Resource Planner Data under the Business Case and Updated Business Case Summary
- Display the Percentage of Planned Hour Allocation in the Resource Planner
- Interactive Resource Planner in the Business Case
- Visualization in the Resource Planner - User Allocation Chart
- Budget with Zero Duration in the Resource Planner Removed
- Show Data by Cost in the Resource Planner
- Remove the Resource Budgeted Hour Object from Workfront Removed
- Budget Date Adjustment Option in the Resource Planner
- Warning Message Displays When the 2,000 Item Limit Is Reached in the Resource Planner
Resource Scheduling Enhancements
- Resource Scheduling: Restrict Assignments to Users Based on Group Membership
- Resource Scheduling: Allow Assignments to Users Regardless of Role
- Utilization Report Improvements
- The "Automatic and On Change" and "Change Only" Update Types Trigger Updates to the Parent Objects at the Same Time as Tasks Are Updated
- Resize Timeline Snapshot on the Gantt Chart
- Enable Edit Mode in the Gantt Chart
- Remove Predecessors When Editing the Gantt Chart
- Gantt Chart Updates
- New Portfolio Optimizer
Home Area (Updated My Work)
- Home Area (Updated My Work Area)
- Improvements in the Home Area
- View Proof Approvals from the Home Area
- Default Fields Are Displayed When Configuring the Layout Template for Items in the Home Area
- Add Tasks and Issues to the Iteration Directly from the Task or Issue Details Page
- Include Issues on the Scrum Backlog for an Agile Team
- Apply Groupings and Filters to the Backlog for an Agile Team
- Create a Blank Iteration and Update it Later
- The "Focus" and "Capacity" Fields are Pre-Populated When Creating an Iteration
Proofing Viewer Improvements (HTML5)
- HTML5 Proofing Viewer Improvements
- Compare Mode
- Filter the Comment List
- Comment List is Searched after the First Character Is Entered
- Resize the Comment List in the Proofing Viewer
- Hyperlinks Are Active in Static Proofs
- Update to Proofing Viewer Names
Proofing Improvements within Workfront
- Link Proofs from Workfront Proof to Workfront
- Can No Longer Remove a Proof from a Document
- Updated Look and Feel When Generating and Opening a Proof
- View Proof Progress from the Document List
- New Option to View the Print Summary from the Document List
- Updated Look and Feel for Generating or Opening the Proof from the Document List
- Various Links Removed from Documents on the Document List
- View File Names on Combined Proofs
- View the Current Active Stage of a Proof from the Document List
- Improvements When Adding Proofs
Proofing Improvements within Workfront Proof
- Improvements When Adding Proofs
- Proof Creation in Workfront Proof - Improved User Experience and Additional Functionality
- Updated Look and Feel with Basecamp Integration in Workfront Proof
- System-Wide Widescreen Display
- Paste Documents to Workfront from the Clipboard
- Report Usage Statistics
- Emoji Support
- Mobile Enhancements
- Jira Integration
- Workfront 2018.1 Official Release Webinars
- Workfront 2018.1 January Preview Releases (Beta 3 and Beta 4)
- Workfront 2018.1 December Preview Releases (Beta 1 and Beta 2)
- Workfront Product Roadmap Webinar - Q1 2018
Attend the 2018.1 Release Webinars on February 6 and 7, 2018. The webinars will focus on all the new functionality coming in the 2018.1 release. The 2018.1 release will be available in Preview for about one month before releasing to Production in March.
For more details and for registration information and webinar recordings, see the Workfront 2018.1 Release Webinars page.
The Workfront 2018.1 January Preview Releases Webinar was presented by the Workfront Release Readiness team on January 23, 2018. This webinar focuses on the new functionality that has been made available in Preview during the month of January.
The webinar recording is available from the Workfront 2018.1 January Preview Releases page.
The 2018.1 Beta 1 and Beta 2 Release Webinar was presented by the Workfront Release Readiness team on December 19, 2017. This webinar focuses on the new functionality that has been made available in Preview during the month of December.
The webinar recording is available from the Workfront 2018.1 December Preview Releases page.
The Q1 2018 Product Roadmap Webinar was presented by the Workfront Product Team on January 18, 2018.
The webinar recording is available here (login required).