- Working internet connection supporting HTTP(80) & HTTPS(443) traffic
- Preferred browsers are Chrome 22+ and Firefox 15+
- Other supported browsers are Internet Explorer 9.0+ and Safari 5.x
- Adobe Flash Player 10.2+ for the Classic ProofHQ Viewer (see link in Flash section below)
- Adobe Flash Player 11.1+ for the new ProofHQ Viewer (see link in Flash section below)
- Min screen resolution 1024 x 768
- Min CPU speed 1.4 Ghz
- Min RAM 1 GB
NOTE The new ProofHQ Viewer requires version 11.1 of the Adobe Flash Player. For the Mac systems - this version of the Flash Player can only be installed on Mac OS X 10.6 and higher. For the older Mac system versions Flash Player 10.3 is the highest available version.
If your are working inside a network with higher security levels, it may be required for your Administrators to whitelist ProofHQ connections. We would recommend to whitelist:
- *.proofhq.com for ProofHQ account access
- cdn.proofhq.com - for opening the proofs (once the proofs are processed we load the contents to the cloud)
- webcapture.int.proofhq.com - for proofing the authorised web pages or pages behind firewall
NOTE As at July 15th 2017 we do not provide IPs for whitelisting. Please use the URLs provided above and make sure you update your internal configuration to whitelist ProofHQ URLs instead of IPs.
It is always preferable to install the latest version of Flash Player. You can see if you're running the latest version of Flash here.
We realize that, in some cases, there is not only a desire but a necessity to run Flash Player on an unsupported machine. Flash Player 10 is not available for Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Windows ME, Macintosh OSX 10.1 – 10.3, and Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 3 and 4 operating systems. In this situation, we recommend installing the latest Flash Player available for your operating system to take advantage of the most recent security and stability updates to Flash Player 9.
NOTE Our new ProofHQ Viewer requires at least Flash Player 11.1.x
Adobe recommends that all Flash Player users on supported systems update to the most recent version of the player through the Flash Player Download Center.
- You can download Adobe Flash here
- You can see which version of Adobe Flash you're currently running here
- To tell if your version of Adobe Flash is the latest version for your operating system click here
- If you don't have the latest version, you can upgrade your version here
NOTE We do store some data locally on your machine (i.e., cache, cookies). Our ProofHQ Viewer is based on Flash and some information needs to be stored in the Flash Storage (e.g., comments, proofing data). Make sure that your Flash settings allow us to do so.
Supported Platform & Browser combinations (other combinations may work, but cannot be guaranteed):
- Microsoft Windows 7 - Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0 or later, Firefox 4.x, Safari 5.x, Chrome 11+
- Microsoft Windows Vista - Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0 or later, Firefox 4.x, Safari 5.x, Chrome 11+
- Microsoft Windows XP - Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0 or later, Firefox 4.x, Chrome 11+
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 - Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0 or later, Firefox 4.x, Chrome 11+
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 - Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0 or later, Firefox 4.x, Chrome 11+
- Microsoft Windows 2000 - Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0, Firefox 4.x, Chrome 11+
- Mac OS X v10.4 or 10.5 (PowerPC) - Firefox 4.x, Safari 5.x, Chrome 11+
- Mac OS X v10.4.x or 10.5 (Intel) - Firefox 2.x, Firefox 4.x, Safari 5.x, Chrome 11+
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5 - Firefox 4.x openSUSE 11 - Firefox 4.x
- Ubuntu 7.10 or later or 8.04 or later - Firefox 4.x
- Solaris 10 - Firefox 4.x
We do recommend using the latest browser version.