You can create static proofs from your web pages. In addition, you can simulate various devices by defining screen resolution of the captures.
- Creating a Static Website Proof
- About Capturing Password-Protected and Internal Pages
- About Processing Website Proofs
- Open the New proof page, as described in "Creating Proofs in Workfront Proof."
- Paste or type your URL in the www.shareyourlink.com box.
You can enter multiple URLs with a space between each one.
- Just below this box, click the resolution (the default is 1366x768), then select any resolutions you want in the Screensot resolution box.
Select a smaller resolution if you want to proof designs for mobile devices. Generally, designs load as per screen/browser window resolution.
- Click Look for subpages if you want to include connected pages that are in the same domain/subdomain as the entered URL.
Workfront Proof scans the connected pages and lists them below the Look for subpages option. You can select the pages you want to include.
NOTE With the Combine proofs feature you can submit all the web pages as a single multi-page proof.
- Click Done, then finish configuring your proof as explained in "Creating Proofs in Workfront Proof."
Our web capture tool connects via the webcapture.int.proofhq.com URL. You can create the proofs from the pages that require authorization once the above URL is whitelisted at your end. Your IT team should be able to assist with this.
- No animations, embedded videos, scripts or interactions are included in static website proofs. If you want to proof interactive content, see "Generating a Proof for Interactive Content" in "Creating Proofs in Workfront Proof."
- Proof pages are generally prepared captured at the rate of about 20 seconds per page. However overall preparation time depends also on the servers where the pages are hosted. The tool waits 60 seconds for each submitted URL to load. If this waiting time is exceeded, the proof fails.
- For combined proofs, if any of the URLs is not responding to the capture tool, the proof fails.
- Workfront Proof captures web pages up to 195 inches long after rasterizing. If the web page is longer than this, the proof fails.
- Text extraction is available on all the text elements, but text placed as images is not extracted.
- Text hyperlinks are clickable on the proofs, and the linked pages open in the new browser tabs.
- Hyperlinks on the images are not be clickable if the style="display:block" elements are used inside the <a> tags. We recommend adjusting these parts of the page design.
- For best results we recommend to creating the pages using the best coding practices and acknowledged standards.