You can create static proofs from your web pages. In addition, you can simulate various devices by defining screen resolution of the captures.
- Creating a Static Website Proof
- About Capturing Password-Protected and Internal Pages
- About Processing Website Proofs
I'm working to fold this into the new (draft) Generating Proofs in Workfront Proof. Archive this article if/when that draft goes live.
- Open the New proof page, as described in "Creating Proofs in Workfront Proof."
- Paste or type your URL in the www.shareyourlink.com box.
You can repeat this step to add multiple URLs.
- Just below this box, click the resolution (the default is 1366x768), then select any resolutions you want in the Screensot resolution box.
Select a smaller resolution if you want to proof designs for mobile devices. Generally, designs load as per screen/browser window resolution.
- Click Look for subpages if you want to include connected pages that are in the same domain/subdomain as the entered URL.
Workfront Proof scans the connected pages and lists them below the Look for subpages option. You can select the pages you want to include.
NOTE With the Combine proofs feature you can submit all the web pages as a single multi-page proof.
- Click Done, then finish configuring your proof as explained in "Creating Proofs in Workfront Proof."
Workfront Proof cannot capture a password-protected website as a static proof.
In order to create proofs from pages that require authorization, your IT team must white-list the URL through which our web capture tool connects: webcapture.int.proofhq.com
TIP We recommend interactive proofing rather than static proofing for internal pages requiring authorization and password-protected websites. For more information, see "About Proofing Interactive Content."
- Animations, embedded videos, scripts, and interactions cannot be included in static website proofs. If you want to proof interactive content, see "Generating a Proof for Interactive Content" in "Creating Proofs in Workfront Proof."
- Proof pages are generally prepared captured at the rate of about 20 seconds per page. However overall preparation time depends also on the servers where the pages are hosted. The tool waits 60 seconds for each submitted URL to load. If this waiting time is exceeded, the proof fails.
- For combined proofs, if any of the URLs is not responding to the capture tool, the proof fails.
- Workfront Proof captures web pages up to 195 inches long after rasterizing. If the web page is longer than this, the proof fails.
- Text extraction is available on all the text elements, but text placed as images is not extracted.
- Text hyperlinks are clickable on the proofs, and the linked pages open in the new browser tabs.
- Hyperlinks on the images are not be clickable if the style="display:block" elements are used inside the <a> tags. We recommend adjusting these parts of the page design.
- For best results we recommend to creating the pages using the best coding practices and acknowledged standards.