You can find the "Move user" option:
- In the Users tab of your Account Settings page - in the user's actions menu
- On the User's/Member's details page
Note Moving users can only be performed by Administrators and Billing Administrators of the main (hub account). Users can only be moved between the connected accounts.
To move a user to another account first select the "Move user" option (located as described above). Then, in the "Move user" pop-up:
- Confirm the user you want to move (1)
- Select a destination account from the connected accounts list (2)
- Assign the profile permission (3) that this user should have on the new account
- Select a user (4) who should take ownership of the items that won't be moved - this includes the items that you will decide to leave on the old account and the items that can't be moved (see the details below)
- Check the tick-boxes if you want to move the proofs (5) and files (6) along with the user
- Create a name for the folder (7) in which all the moved items will be placed on the new account
- Click Move user button (8) to start the process
Depending on the number of files and proofs moving process may take anything from a few minutes up to a few hours.
NOTE If you suspect that the process takes longer than expected or the moved proofs and / or files don't appear on the new account please contact our Support team.
Folders created or owned by the moved user
Due to the nature of various permissions applied to folders and its contents (e.g., they may be shared with other users and accounts) we are unable to move folder structures with the user.
If a folder is owned by the moved user, ownership will be transferred to the selected user (4) in the "Move user" pop-up.
NOTE If a folder has been created by the moved user ,they will remain its creator - only the ownership will be transferred. The folder will be remain visible to the moved user in the sidebar of their new account. The moved user will still have "Read Only" access to the items placed inside these folders.
If you don't want the moved user to keep such permissions or the moved user does not want to see their old folders on the old account, then the solution here would be to delete the folders:
- Create a new folder on the old account
- Move all the items from the moved user's folders to the newly created one
- Delete all the folders left by the moved user.
Sets of versions which have different Owners
If a proof has a few versions and each of them is owned by a different user the versions owned by the moved user will not be moved along. Ownership of such versions will be transferred on to another user as per your choice (4) in the Move user pop-up.
NOTE A moved user needs to own all the proof versions in the set in order for the proof to be moved along.
Groups will need to be re-created by the moved user on their new account.
Personal Custom views will need to be re-created by the moved user on their new account.