Calculated fields allow for the ability to concatenate text with Workfront objects such as IDs. With this information, we can create hyperlinks from one object to another and even specify a specific tab of the object (Hours, Updates, Documents, etc.).
In a Report these hyperlinks will display the full-length URL, so this article will outline how to create a Calculated Field to create a hyperlink to a Project's Hours tab and shorten the URL.
1. In a Project Custom form, add a Calculated Field
2. We can add the following textmode that will concatenate our domain with the ID of the project and specify the Hours tab:
3. Create a Report (Hour, Project, etc.) and ensure your Projects have the appropriate Custom Form attached to them.
4. Add the Custom Field as a Column on your report
5. Go into the Advanced Options for the column
6. Add a Rule for this Column that states if the Custom Field is not blank, then show my desired link text:
7. After adding the rule, switch into the Column's Text Mode and add the following while replacing the fieldname with your Custom Field's name :
8. Run the report and your desired text will now function as the link: