You can share a proof by providing the desired recipient with the Public proof URL.
A Public URL is a URL that opens the proof but does not log reviewers in automatically. Public URLs can be used when information about a proof is being sent to a group of people. When they access a proof from the Public URL, they will view it with read-only access. For information about access levels, see "Managing Proof Roles."
An option to sign is also provided, so people who were specifically added to the review will be able to sign in with their email address and make comments and decisions on the proof.
- You need to manually copy and paste the Public URL into an email and send this to the relevant person.
- The people you give the Public URL to will NOT appear in the Workflow section of the Proof details page.
If subscriptions are enabled on the proof, anyone who has access to the Proof URL will be able to subscribe themselves to the proof (so add themselves to the review cycle with the default role specified by the owner of the proof).
Please see "Subscriptions" for more information.
To use a proof's Public URL:
- Go to the Proof defails page, as described in "Managing Proofs on the Proof Details Page."
- Open the More sharing options section.
- Make sure that the Proof URL is enabled.
- Copy the Public URL to the clipboard.
- Paste the Public URL into an email or a chat window and send it to your recipient
The Public URL does not identify reviewers when the proof opens. Instead, the proof opens in read-only mode.
If a person wants to add a comment they need to identify themselves by signing in. If they are already a reviewer on the proof they will be prompted to enter their login details.
If they are not already a reviewer on the proof, they will need to subscribe.
NOTE Subscriptions can be disabled, in which case they will not be able to subscribe to the proof.
See "Subscriptions" for more information.
To access the proof from a Public URL:
- Users open the proof by using their login details which include their registered email and password for Workfront Proof.
- Non-users open the proof by entering an email address and display name
NOTE In either case, select Remember me so that you will have to enter your details this one time (for this proof).