If someone is sent an email about a proof, then this email will contain a personal URL to access the proof.
To open the proof, they simply need to click on the Go to proof button in the email which will open the proof in their browser.
To open the proof from an email:
- Open the New proof email
- Click on the blue Go to proof button in the email (this contains the personal URL)
- This will open the proof in the Proof Viewer, ready for review
- Anybody with a valid email address can be added to a proof. They do not need to be a Workfront Proof user (i.e. they do not need their own Workfront Proof login).
- The URL from the email is personal to you and will open the proof with you already identified as the reviewer. It is important that you DO NOT forward the URL to anyone else or any comments/decisions that they make will be in your name. If you would like someone else to view the proof, you should use the Share the proof function (if you have the required proof permission to do so).
Alternatively, if the option is enabled on the proof, you can let someone else view the proof by sharing the Proof URL (you can do this in the Proof Viewer or by follow the "Share this proof with someone else" link in your New proof email).
Any proof that has been shared with you will appear in the Views page of your account.
You can search for any proof that has been shared with you based on the following criteria:
- Proof name
- Description (message associated with a Proof)
- Tag name
Also see Search.
Accessing the proof from the Proof URL is described on the Sharing the Proof URL page.