The Idea Exchange enables authorized support contacts to submit, vote on, and discuss ideas with fellow customers.
As an Authorized Support Contact, you can:
- Submit any ideas as you have
- Vote on as many ideas as you want. You can vote for or against each idea, but you can vote only once per idea. Be judicious and vote for the ideas you want to see gain traction!
To vote on an idea:
- Log in to the Workfront Community site.
- Click the Idea Exchange tab.
- Search for the idea you would like to vote on.
- Click on the idea.
- Next to the idea's title are an up arrow and a down arrow. Clicking the up arrow allows you to vote for the idea, and clicking the down arrow allows you to remove a vote.
When an idea achieves a critical mass, the Workfront Product Management team actively reviews the suggested idea and communicates a decision about that idea within 30 days of the idea going under review. The voting threshold that prompts Workfront to take action is 45 votes. Over the coming years, Workfront will continue to periodically review and revise the threshold as the number of participants grows.
After a decision is made on a given idea, it moves to one of the following statuses:
- Under product management consideration (Product Management is considering)
- Planned (Solution has been added to the backlog and will be delivered)
- Not planned (Product Management has determined it will not create that solution)
- Delivered to customers (Solution has been created and delivered)
To get started, log in to the Idea Exchange at workfront.com/customer.