The Views page allows you to see and work with all of your proofs, files and folders in one place.
To display the Views page, click the link (1) in the Sidebar. From the drop-down menu (2) you can already choose the view (3) you want to see.
Views Page Open
- Select your preferred view:
- All items (default view) *
- One of the other standard views
- A custom view that you have created
- Define a filter to display only proofs, files or folders that meet certain criteria
- Sort the items by one of the columns
- Display the summary for the proof, file or folder
- Open the Details page for a proof, file or folder by clicking the name in the list
- Move a proof, file or folder to a different folder
- Use the actions menu for the proof, file or folder to view the details or perform other important functions
* The All Items view:
- Displays all active and locked proofs, files and folders
- Provides the option to include/exclude archived proofs in the view
The default page layout is set to the Thumbnail list.
In this layout you'll see a miniature image of your proofs, files (if possible to generate) and folders (if set), with other details included in separate columns.
You can change it by clicking the Page Layout icon (1).
Available layouts are:
- Thumbnail list
NOTE The change will apply to all the Views pages and all the Folder details pages. You can the page layout again at any time.
The Views page has a floating menu (1).
This allows you to scroll down the page and apply actions to your folders and items with ease.
NOTE This applies to all views pages, including the Dropzone, My Folders page and all Folder details pages.
To select a different standard view of proofs, files and folders, click the Views drop down menu (1) and choose one of the Standard Views (2).
The following standard views are available for you to select:
- All items - includes all proofs, files and folders that you have permission to see. It is the default when you open the Views page. Please note that you will be given the option to include/exclude archived proofs in this view.
- Active items - shows all active proofs, files and folders
- Active proofs - shows all active (not archived) proofs that you have permission to see
- Locked proofs - shows only locked proofs
- Archived proofs - shows only archived proofs (see Archiving proofs)
- My Proofs - shows only proofs for which you are the owner and that are delegated to you
- Proofs awaiting decision - shows only proofs on which you have to make a decision
- Late proofs - shows only proofs for which the deadline has passed
- Files - shows only files
In each of these views, the following columns will be included:
- Type - icon of the item with the icon of proof, file or folder
- Name - name of the proof, file or folder
- Progress - S=Sent, O=Opened, C=Comment, D=Decision (see Progress Bar)
- Status - Pending, Changes required, Approved
- Decisions - number of decisions made and number required
- Owner - name of the person who owns the proof
My proofs, Proofs awaiting decision and Late proofs views have an additional column - My deadline, which displays your own deadlines on the proofs where you are explicitly added as a Reviewer/Approver.
NOTE If you navigate away from the Views page and return to it later in the same session, your last selected view will be displayed, e.g. My Proofs.
To change the view, simply choose the desired view from the drop down menu.
You can also create your own views - please see Custom Views for details.
You can also filter your view. To apply a filter, click the Show filters (1) icon at the right top of the page.
The filter bar (2) will appear and each category will have a filtering drop down menu (3) to select your preferred value. The default value for each category is All.
NOTE The filter bar will not be displayed for the Custom Views as for those views you can apply and edit filters in the Filters tab.
To apply all chosen filters click the filter icon (4) at the end of the filtering bar, the effect is cumulative.
The Filter values you select remain in effect until you change them. If you want to see and access the FULL list of items again, you MUST change all the filter values back to the default, All.
NOTE If you set filtering options then hide the filtering bar by clicking the Hide filters icon (5), the bar will automatically be shown again if you change views. If you hide the filtering bar while all filters are set to the default all option - the filtering bar will remain hidden when changing views.
When you create a new proof (or version) or upload a new file, it is automatically added to the top of your All items list, and the oldest item is at the bottom of the list. (The details page for each item shows when it was created or updated; see Proof details and File details.)
To view the list in a different sort order, click one of the column headings in the list - Type, Name, Status, Decisions, or Owner. For example, if you want to see the proofs/files in alphabetical order, click the Name heading once (1) to sort the list by name in ascending order (A - Z).
Click the Proof name heading again (2) to reverse the order and display the items in descending order (Z - A).
For sorting you can also use the Sort button (3) on the top right of the Views page. Using this option you can sort by the creation date - to do this simply choose the Latest or the Oldest option from the drop down menu (4). Here you can also sort by Type, Name, Status, Decisions, or Owner.
If your column is sorted in ascending order the column header will show an upward arrow next to the column name. To reverse the order (to descending) click the relevant column header (this will show a downward arrow next to the column name).
NOTE Changes that you make to the sort order of the items last only while you remain on the All items page. If you navigate away from the All items page and return to it later, the items are listed again in the default reverse chronological order.
To view more detailed information about a proof, click the plus (+) sign (1) to the left of the proof image.
When this icon is clicked, the plus sign changes to a minus (-) sign (2) and the Proof summary is displayed below the basic information about the proof.
The Progress bar is displayed for the Proof summary, Stage, and all individual reviewers on the proof.
The Proof summary (3) shows:
- Proof summary - indicates the overall status of the proof
- Stage - indicates the proof deadline and number of decisions made and required
- Reviewers - the name, role and progress of each reviewer will be listed
- Versions - the version of the proof being viewed and the total number of versions available
- Folder - the folder in which the proof is located
- State - Active, Locked, Draft, or Submitted
If you have edit rights on the proof:
- You can access the Stage actions menu (4) by clicking the icon to the right of the stage. The actions menu gives you the following options:
- Message all
- Share - add new Reviewers
- Delete stage
- You can access each reviewer's Action Menu icon (5) by clicking the icon to the right of their name. Here you can:
- Send the reviewer a Message (6). Also see Reminders.
- Edit (7) the Reviewer''s settings on the proof. The Edit reviewer pop-up will show up. Here you can change not only role and email alerts but also a Display Name* for the Reviewer
- Select the reviewer to be the Primary Decision Maker (8) on the proof
- Delete (9) the reviewer from the proof
* The Display Name can be applied to Guests, Members and Colleagues but it will be changed only on the particular proof, not in the Reviewer's details in the Contacts page.
NOTE You can also change the roles (10) and email alerts (11) for the people added to the proof simply by clicking on the relevant role or alert and choosing another one from the drop-down menu.
This section shows the following:
- Including/excluding archived proofs
- Opening a proof from the list
- Action buttons - bulk changes
- Moving an item to a folder
- Using the actions menu
Including/excluding archived proofs
The All Items view by default displays all active and locked proofs, files and folders. It also provides the option to include/exclude archived proofs in the view.
To include the archived proofs:
- Click the Toggle archived proofs icon
- Archived proofs will appear with an archived icon to distinguish them from other proofs
Click the Toggle archived proofs icon (1) again and unselect the "Include archived items" option to exclude all archived items from your views.
Opening an item from a list view
Click the name (1) of the proof, file or folder to be taken directly to the Details page for that item from the All items list.
If you wish to view the proof itself, click the Go to Proof icon (2) on the Views page or the Go to Proof button on the Proof details page. You'll then be taken to the Proof Viewer.
Also see Reviewing Proofs.
Action buttons - bulk changes
When you select multiple items (1) from the list the items actions buttons (2) will appear at the top of the Views page. Using those you can perform bulk actions on the selected items at the same time. The available options are:
- Move to
- Share selected items
- More actions (3)
- Change owner
NOTE The actions will be applied only to those of the selected items that have the particular option available. For example if you select files and proofs and choose Lock - only the proofs will be locked (as you cannot lock files).
Moving an item to a folder
You can move proofs, files and folders to specific folders from the Views page. Please note that you must have edit rights to be move items.
To move items:
- Open the folder tree in the sidebar by clicking the arrow to the left of My Folders.
- Click the move icon (crossed arrows) to the left of the relevant item and drag your cursor until the item name appears.
- Without releasing your mouse button, drag and drop the icon into the relevant folder in the sidebar. The folder name will be highlighted as you approach it.*
* No move icon will be displayed in the All items list for a proof or file if you do not have edit rights.
After you move the proof, the folder location is displayed in the Proof summary and in the breadcrumb trail above the Proof details page or the File details page.
If you want to move multiple items to a folder at the same time, you can do so as follows:
- Select the tick boxes to the left of the relevant items
- Click the Move to icon (which will appear once items have been selected)
- Choose the relevant folder or
- Create a new folder
All proofs, files and folders have their own actions menu.
Proof Actions Menu
To open a proof's actions menu, click the icon (1) to the right of the relevant proof.
The proof actions menu (2) contains the following options:
- View proof details
- New version
- Download the original file
- Share proof links
- Print comments
- Excel summary (this will export the information in the page to an Excel spreadsheet)
NOTE The options available will depend on your role on the proof and your account profile.
File Actions Menu
To open a file's actions menu, click the icon (3) to the right of the relevant file.
The file actions menu (4) contains the following options:
- View file details
- Convert to Proof
- Download original
NOTE The options available will depend on your account profile.
Folder Actions Menu
To open a folder's actions menu, click the icon (5) to the right of the relevant folder.
The folder actions menu (6) contains the following options:
- View Folder details
- New proof
- Upload file
- New sub-folder
- Excel summary
NOTE The options available will depend on the ownership of the folder and your account profile.