You can search within individual proofs, or you can search for content across the Workfront Proof site.
Searching within a proof enables you to quickly locate text that you want to comment on.
You can search for text within a proof in the following types of documents:
- Office (.doc, .docx, .odt)
- Static web page
NOTE Proofs created prior to April 26, 2017 might not be searchable.
To search within a proof:
- Open the proof that you want to search.
- In toolbar above the proof, click the Search document icon.
- Begin typing the text you want to search for.
The search tool highlights the text in the document as you type.
- Finish typing the text you want to search for, then click the Up and Down arrows to scan through the search results within the document.
The Search bar is located at the top right of your screen. You can use it to search for the following items in your account:
- Proofs (including archived proofs)
- Proof Subject
- Proof Message
- Custom fields
- Creator name
- Items that have been shared with you
To search the Workfront Proof site:
- Type the text you want to search for, then press Enter.
Note the following about search results:
- The search tool finds items that contains all of the keywords you type. In order to minimize search results and maximize search accuracy, ensure that you spell the keywords correctly and add spaces between them.
- Search results are sorted by relevance.
- You can reduce the search results by adding more keywords into the search field (separated by a space), then searching again. The new search is carried out only on the items already displayed in the search results.
- If you enter the name of a previous proof version into the search field, the most recent version of that proof appears in the search results.
- Parent folders and subfolders are listed separately.
- (Optional) In the Search results that appear, sort by column by clicking the header at the top of a column.
- (Optional) Add filtering to your results results by clicking the search icon at the end of the header row. This adds dropdown menus in which you can select filters to narrow your search.
- (Optional) Narrow your search by opening the Tags tab and clicking a tag in the navigation sidebar on the left.
Items associated with that tag appear in the Search results.
The tag name appears in the search field in the upper-right corner of Workfront Proof. You can refine your search by selecting additional tags or by typing further keywords into the search field. You can remove a tag from the search field by clicking the x icon next to the tag name. snippet-"Tags"
For information about tags, see "Tags."