You can search within individual proofs, or you can search for content across the Workfront Proof site.
Searching within a proof enables you to quickly locate text that you want to comment on or provide feedback.
You can search for text within a proof in the following types of documents:
- Office (.doc, .docx, .odt)
- Static web page
NOTE Proofs created prior to April 26, 2017 might not be searchable.
To search within a proof:
- Open the proof that you want to search.
- In the upper-right corner of the proof, click the Search icon.
The Search icon is dimmed if you are in the process of adding a comment. Close any comments you are currently adding to activate the Search icon.
- Begin typing the text you want to search for. After you type the third letter, the text is automatically highlighted in the document.
- Finish typing the text you want to search for, then click the Up and Down arrows to scan through the search results within the document.
- (Optional) To add a comment on the text you searched for:
- Click Add Comment, then click the Text icon.
- Select the highlighted text, then click one of the available text options (Highlight, Replace, Delete, Insert after).
- Specify any additional information in the comment, then click Save to save the comment.
The Search bar is located at the top right of your screen.
- Search box (1)
- Auto-suggest drop down (2)
- Search results (3)
- Sort by column (4)
- Filter results (5)
- Number of items in search results (6)
- Number of items shown per page (7)
You can use the search tool to search for the following items in your account:
- Proofs (including archived proofs)
- Proof Subject
- Proof Message
- Custom fields
- Creator name
You can also search for items that have been shared with you in the same way as you search for items you own or created.
Using the Search Tool
To use the search tool:
- Enter the keyword(s) into the search field (1)
The auto-suggest drop-down menu appears with items containing the keywords you entered (2)
- Select the item from the auto-suggest list to go straight to the item’s Details page, or click the search icon/hit Enter on your keyboard to be taken to the search results page (3)
The search tool will try to find an item which contains ALL the keywords you have entered into the search field. Therefore, in order to minimize search results and maximize search accuracy, it is very important to ensure the following:
- All the keywords are spelled correctly
- Spaces have been included between all keywords
You can drill down further into your search results by adding more keywords into the search field. This will reduce the search results list and show only items that include all keywords entered into the search field.
The Auto-Suggest Drop-Down Menu
The auto-suggest drop-down menu displays up to three matching tags, three proofs, three files, and three folders.
Clicking on a proof, file or folder name in the auto-suggest section will open the details page for that item.
Selecting a tag will display all of the items which have that tag applied to them.
Clicking a tag in the sidebar (1) searches all items with that tag (you see the tag name appear in the search field (2)). You can then refine your search by selecting additional tags or typing further keywords into the search field.
You can remove a tag from the search field by clicking the x icon next to the tag name. Click the search icon or “Enter” on your keyboard to search again.
For more information on using tags, please see Tags.
The search results page will show you all the items in your account that contain the keyword(s) you entered in the search field. We index our search results every 10 seconds. Searches now take place on almost every field in Workfront Proof.
Search results are sorted by relevance.
If you are on the search results page and type more text into the search field, the additional search will only be carried out on the items already displayed in the search results.
If you enter the name of a previous proof version into the search field, the most recent version of that proof will be shown in the search results.
Tags will only be included in the search results if they are currently in use in your account, i.e. they have been applied to an item. Tags that have not been applied to any items will not be included (as with the Sidebar).
Filter search results
You can filter your search results by Type, Name and Owner.
To do this:
- Type: Select the type from the dropdown menu available at the top of the column
- Name: Type the name of the item into the Name field
- Owner: Select the name from the dropdown menu available at the top of the column
Sort search results
You can sort your search results by clicking on the column name to sort in ascending or descending order.
For example, if you sort by Type in ascending order, items will be listed as follows: