Your email client's spam filter serves a good purpose: protecting you from annoying and possibly malicious spam emails. But, if you don't have the correct settings in the spam filter, it can keep you from seeing important emails such as those from Workfront Proof: proof email notifications, newsletters, and special communications.
To make sure that your Workfront Proof emails are always routed to your inbox instead of your spam folder, you should white list the following:
- Workfront Proof mail server -
- Workfront Proof "from" email addresses (e.g. [email protected])
Workfront Proof "from" email addresses
Depending on your type of email client, you might need to add Workfront Proof "from" email addresses to one of the following to prevent the spam filter from routing your emails to your spam folder in the future:
- Your contacts list
- Your safe senders list
- A filter that you create to deliver emails from those addresses to your inbox
You might also need to remove any existing Workfront Proof emails from your spam folder and check whether any of the "from" addresses are on the blocked address list. This help page lists the Workfront Proof "from" addresses and shows how to add them to the spam filter in the following email clients:
- Microsoft Outlook 2003 - 2007
- Windows Live Hotmail
- Yahoo Mail
NOTE This information is current as of July 2011. If you have any questions about a procedure described here, please check your email client's help.
The Workfront Proof "from" email addresses to copy
To make sure that your Workfront Proof emails reach your inbox, you will need to add two Workfront Proof email addresses separately to your email client's spam filter:
- The general support address, [email protected], from which Workfront Proof sends out many email communications
- A notification address from which Workfront Proof sends proof notification emails to the proof creator and the reviewers with links to the proof. This might be a general address, [email protected], or a specific address if you have a customized subdomain or a white label domain.
Here's what to do to add Workfront Proof "from" addresses to your email client's filter:
- Copy the general Workfront Proof support "from" email address ([email protected]) and paste it into the field indicated for your email client.
- Copy the appropriate one of the following Workfront Proof "from" email addresses and paste it SEPARATELY into the field indicated for your email client:
- [email protected] if you do NOT have a customized subdomain or a white label domain
- [email protected] if you have a customized subdomain; substitute your subdomain name in this address
- [email protected] if you have a white label domain; substitute your subdomain name and domain name in this address
See the relevant section below for your email client to find out where to paste in these two Workfront Proof "from" addresses.