Basecamp is an online project-management tool developed by 37signals. If you use Basecamp for project management you can offer your project team richer review and approval tools using Workfront Proof.
- Improve how you get feedback on proofs using Basecamp
- Link proofs in Workfront Proof direct to your Basecamp projects
- Add Basecamp team members to your Workfront Proof proofs with just one click
- See all comments and replies from Workfront Proof inside your Basecamp project
- See all versions of your proof inside Basecamp
When your Workfront Proof account and Basecamp account are connected you can start adding new proofs or existing ones to the projects you run in Basecamp.
Adding reviewers is easy, as you can choose people from your Basecamp team or add non-users by entering email addresses (they don't even need to have a Workfront Proof account!)
Basecamp is currently available in two versions:
Basecamp and Basecamp Classic use different information (different APIs) to let your Basecamp project team view and review proofs using the Workfront Proof interface so the steps to integrate each version of Basecamp with Workfront Proof are different.
If you use Basecamp for project management you can offer your project team richer review and approval tools using Workfront Proof.
Basecamp Classic provides an application program interface (API) that lets your Basecamp Classic project team view and review Workfront Proof proofs from within their Basecamp account.
- First, you set up the integration between Workfront Proof and Basecamp on two levels:
- In Account settings, enter the URL for your Basecamp account (please note that only administrator users will be able to do this).
- In your Personal settings, enter your Basecamp API token.
- You will then be able to connect proofs to specific project in your Basecamp account. See Basecamp Classic proof setup.
- Reviewers open the proof in Basecamp and add comments and decisions to the proof page. Please see Adding a proof to your Basecamp Classic project.
For an overview of the new Basecamp integration with Workfront Proof, see Integrating your account with Basecamp.
To integrate your Workfront Proof account with Basecamp Classic:
- Go to the Integrations tab in Account settings (1)
- Activate the Basecamp interface for your account by clicking the Enable link (2)
- Verify the Basecamp version you want to integrate with - it should be set to Classic version (3)
- An empty Basecamp URL field will appear (4). Click Edit link and enter the Basecamp URL for your Basecamp account (without the http://)
- Click Save (5)
You can check your Basecamp URL in your browser after logging into your Basecamp Classic account (6).
Your Workfront Proof account will now be integrated with your Basecamp Classic account. Continue with individual user setup in Personal settings.
NOTE If you cannot enable Basecamp integration, your Workfront Proof account ID might not be the same as the account ID you use in Basecamp.
To set up Basecamp Classic integration at the individual user level:
- Copy your Basecamp API token from Basecamp Classic
- Paste your Basecamp API token into your Workfront Proof Personal settings
NOTE Completing these steps is easiest if you have your Basecamp session open in one browser window and your Workfront Proof session open in another window.
Copy your Basecamp API token from Basecamp
You need your individual authentication token for the Basecamp API to be able to complete integration at the individual level in Workfront Proof.
To get your Basecamp API token:
- Sign in to your Basecamp account
- Click the My Info (1) link next to your name at the top of the screen. Your My Info page will then be displayed.
- In the Authentication tokens section, click Show your tokens (2) to display your personal authentication tokens.
- Select the Token for feed readers or the Basecamp API (3) and then Copy the token to your clipboard.
- Paste your Basecamp API token into your Workfront Proof Personal settings (see below).
Paste your Basecamp API token into your Workfront Proof Personal Settings
To paste the Basecamp API token into your Workfront Proof Personal settings:
- Go to the Integrations tab in your Personal settings (1)
- Basecamp Classic integration was previously enabled at the account level by an administrator, so the Basecamp URL will already be shown.
- Now you must provide your personal Basecamp API Token.
- To enter your token edit the Basecamp API token field (2)
- Paste the token that you just copied from your Basecamp My Info page into the field (3)
- Click Save (4)
Your Workfront Proof Personal settings are now integrated with your Basecamp Classic account.