The Basecamp integration with Workfront Proof makes it easy for you to review and approve proofs without leaving Basecamp!
You don't even need a Workfront Proof login to use all of the review tools to make comments and decisions on proofs:
- In your Basecamp account, you'll receive a message which includes the proof for you to review (via the miniproof)
- You can add comments, markups and make decisions on the miniproof or switch to the full-page proof for review if you prefer
- You can see and respond to the comments and markups of the other reviewers
NOTE If you are not a user of Workfront Proof, you can still work on the proof in Basecamp. All you need to do is enter your email address and screen name. You can also choose to "remember me" so you only need to enter these details once.
If you link a new or existing proof to Basecamp, Workfront Proof will send a proof notification email to all reviewers containing:
- The proof message (custom or standard) (1)
- Proof details (2)
- Personal URL (Go to Proof link) (3)
- Link to the Basecamp project message to take you straight to the proof in Basecamp * (4)
- Proof progress (5)
- Reviewers and their individual progress (6)
NOTE If you do not have a Basecamp session open in another browser window, you must sign in to your Basecamp account before you can see the message in Basecamp.
* If non-Basecamp reviewers have been added to the proof, their email notification will not include the Basecamp link.
When you receive an email notification about a new proof added to your Basecamp project:
- Go to your project page (1)
- Find the message for your proof (2)
The message page contains:
- The name of the proof (in the subject) (3)
- A link to the full screen Proof Viewer (4)
If you are logged in to your Workfront Proof account in one of your browsers windows, you can start reviewing right away. If you cannot see your name in bottom left corner of miniproof:
- Click the Sign In button (5)
- Type your email address (which was used to add you to the proof)(6)
- Click Next and in a second pop-up input your Workfront Proof password (7). If you don't have a Workfront Proof account - enter a public name to display. (You can select "remember me" so you only have to input your details once.)
Now you're ready to proceed with reviewing the proof in Basecamp!
Reviewing a proof in Basecamp is as easy as in Workfront Proof itself.
- Your Basecamp project name (1)
- The Workfront Proof email notification subject (2)
- Direct link to the full Proof Viewer (opens a full window view) (3)
- Proof name and version (4)
- Action menus (5)
- Full-screen button (6)
- Sidebar (7)
- User name (8)
- Comment and Decision buttons (9)
- Zoom tools (10)
- Page navigation tools (11)
You can display the full-page proof with all of the Workfront Proof normal functionality by clicking either the link in the message just above the miniproof or the fullscreen icon in the top right corner of the miniproof.
The proof image is still the original size, but the page itself is wider than the miniproof page.
The full-page proof shows:
- The Add comments and Submit decision buttons (rather than the comments and decision icons shown on the miniproof) (1)
- More zooming and navigation tools than the miniproof (2)
- The Go to Basecamp button in the top left corner of the proof. Clicking this will take you back into your Basecamp account (3)
NOTE The Go to Basecamp link will only take you into your Basecamp account if you are a Basecamp user.
Also see Reviewing proofs.