If your organization works with freelancers, you can include them in your Workfront Proof process as well.
There are a couple of ways to do this depending on whether you want the freelancer to be part of your organization in Workfront Proof or not.
You can simply add your freelancers as users to your account in Workfront Proof, just like you would your colleagues, then they can be part of all of the workflows described in this section.
You can use the various user profiles, as well as folder privacy rule, to manage your Freelancer's visibility and access in your account.
To add a freelancer to your team see Adding new users.
NOTE Any freelancers added to your account as users will have visibility into your account and may also be able to see client details (depending on their user profile). This may not be what you want, so perhaps setting up a Satellite account for your freelancer(s) would be a more suitable option - see Option B below.
If you don’t want clients and freelancers to see each other in Workfront Proof, you can set up satellite accounts for your freelancers.
This means that they will have their own dashboard to view all the items they are working on in one place. Further, they will be able to send files to you via Workfront Proof, which you can convert to proofs (Enterprise and Unlimited plans only).
It also means that if the freelancer needs to create new versions of the proof during the review process, you can add them explicitly to the proof as an Author, which will allow them to participate in the review process and create new versions as and when required.
- Freelancer logs into their satellite account.
- Freelancer uploads the file and shares it with you.
- You receive an email telling you that a file has been shared with you.
- You log in to your account and find the file that has been shared with you.
- You use the convert to proof button to convert the file to a proof.
- You then manage the proof workflow with your clients in the normal way. If you want to add your Freelancer explicitly to the proof, you can do so using the share function.
- If you don't want to add your Freelancer explicitly to the proof, but you do want to notify them when it's been approved; at the end of the proof process you can notify your freelancer by sharing a proof link to the proof with them. This means that they are not part of the review team and your clients don't see their name listed on the proof.
To set up a satellite account for your freelancers please see our Setting up a Satellite account help page for all the information you need.
This option can also be used if you don’t want clients and freelancers to see each other in Workfront Proof. You can give your freelancers access to your Dropzone (available on Enterprise and Unlimited plans only).
- Freelancer goes to your public Dropzone page.
- They use the Dropzone to create a new proof in your account.
- You receive an email telling you that a new proof is in your Dropzone.
- You login to your account and find the proof in your Dropzone.
- You unlock the proof, add reviewers, set the proof settings and manage the proof workflow with your clients in the normal way.Your freelancer will be shown as the Creator of the proof (and will not be able to be removed).
- You can manage your freelancer's access to the proof with your Dropzone settings.
- Here you can also manage the role they are given on the proof, e.g. Read Only, as well as email communications with them in respect of the proof.
- If you do not want your freelancer to take part in the review process but you do want them to be notified of the final decision, within your Dropzone settings you can set the default proof role and email alert for all Dropzone submitters to be Read Only and Final decision respectively.
- If you do want your freelancer to actively take part in the review process, you can adjust their proof role and email alert setting as required, by inline editing these details on the Proof details page.