- Understanding the Effects of Sharing Items with a Partner
- Sharing Items with a Partner
- Making a User in a Partner Account the Proof Owner
Edit rights on the proof are passed to Supervisors and Administrators in the account in which the proof is owned.
Supervisors and Administrators in the account in which the proof was created do not have edit rights on the proof (this includes the proof creator).
For more information about permissions in Workfront Proof, see "Editing User Profiles and Permissions in Workfront Proof."
The proof is stored in the account where the proof is owned (not the account where it was created).
The proof branding is taken from the account where the proof is owned (not the account where the proof was created).
NOTE You cannot choose a user in a Partner account to be the owner of an existing proof or a new version of a proof (this can only be done for new proofs).
After you have an accepted relationship with a partner, you can easily share items, such as folders, files, and proofs with them.
- Begin sharing a proof or file.
For more information about sharing, see "Sharing proofs," "Sharing files," and "Sharing folders."
- In the Share section of the New Proof or New File page, the name of your partner appears as you begin typing the name in the auto-complete field, just as if you are sharing with another user in the system.
If you have set up Partner relationships with other Workfront Proof accounts, you can select a user from a Partner account to be the owner of your proof.
NOTE You can select a user from a Partner account only if the following conditions are met:
- There are no custom fields
- No folder has been selected
- No tags have been applied
To make a user in a partner account the owner of a proof:
- On the New Proof page, click the Change link. (1)
- Choose a user from a Partner account to be the owner of the proof. (2)