If you have a Workfront Proof partner relationship with another organization (such as a client or another department in your company), you can share proofs, files, folders, and contact details with the partner. For more information about partner relationships, see "Managing a Partner Relationship Between Workfront Proof Accounts."
- About Sharing Items with a Partner
- Sharing Items with a Partner
- Making a User in a Partner Account the Proof Owner
Consider the following when sharing items with a partner:
- You can choose a user in a partner account to be the owner of a proof only if it is new proof you are creating. You cannot do so for existing proof or a new version of a proof.
- When you share at item with a partner, you pass the editing rights for the proof to the Supervisors and Administrators in the partner account. Supervisors and Administrators in the account in which the proof was created no longer have edit rights on the proof (this includes the proof creator). For more information about permissions in Workfront Proof, see "Editing User Profiles and Permissions in Workfront Proof."
- The proof is stored in the account where the proof is owned (not the account where it was created).
- The proof branding is taken from the account where the proof is owned (not the account where the proof was created).
After you have an accepted relationship with a partner, you can easily share items, such as folders, files, and proofs with them.
- Begin sharing a proof or file.
For more information about sharing, see "Sharing proofs," "Sharing files," and "Sharing folders."
- In the Share section of the New Proof or New File page, the name of your partner appears as you begin typing the name in the auto-complete field, just as if you are sharing with another user in the system.
If you have set up Partner relationships with other Workfront Proof accounts, you can select a user from a Partner account to be the owner of your proof.
NOTE You can select a user from a Partner account only if the following conditions are met:
- There are no custom fields
- No folder has been selected
- No tags have been applied
To make a user in a partner account the owner of a proof:
- On the New Proof page, click the Change link. (1)
- Choose a user from a Partner account to be the owner of the proof. (2)