If you are going to be out of the office for an extended amount of time, the Out of Office function allows you to delegate ownership of your proofs to another user in your account. This delegation of ownership can be set for a specific length of time or ongoing, it is up to you.
The following Out of Office settings are available:
- Delegate your proofs to another user in your account (1) - delegate ownership of your proofs to another active user in your account
- Out of office (2) - enable and disable the function by checking/unchecking the tick box
- Start date (3) - select the start date
- If the Start immediately option is chosen, ownership of the proofs will be delegated to the selected user immediately after you activate the feature
- If a specific start date and time are set, the feature will be activated on the selected day and at the chosen time
- End date (4) - select the end date here
- If no end date is chosen, the ownership of the proofs will be delegated until the feature is manually disabled
- If a specific end date and time are set, the feature will be disabled on the selected day and at the chosen time>
When proofs are delegated, the delegated owner (5) is shown in the Details section of the Proof details page and the ownership delegation note (6) appears in the Activity section of the Proof details page.
An Out of Office notification is also shown in the original proof owner's account during the time the feature is enabled. This acts as a reminder to the original owner and also allows them to end the delegation immediately (7) or go to Personal settings (8) to adjust this.
When ownership of your proofs is taken back by the original owner, the delegated owner disappears from the Details section of the Proof details page and the Out of Office notification is no longer displayed in the original proof owner's account. A not showing that proof ownership has been reverted (1) appears in the Activity section of the Proof details page.