NOTE The functionality described in this article pertains to the Web Proofing Viewer (for video and static proofs) and the Desktop Proofing Viewer (for interactive, video, and static proofs).
You can print proofs either from the document list within Workfront, or directly from the Web Proofing Viewer or Desktop Proofing Viewer.
You can print a proof directly from the document list.
NOTE You cannot print multiple proofs from the document list at a single time.
- Go to the document list that contains the proof you want to print.
- Hover over the proof you want to print, then click Print Summary.
Steps are identical from here down in "Printing a Proof in Workfront Proof." Use snippet.
- (Optional) At the top of the print summary page that appears, use the Show options to specify which parts of the proof you want to print (these options do not affect output you export as an XLS or PDF file):
- The Current version or All versions of the proof
- Only the Pages with comments or All pages
- Only the Page thumbnails (a small rendering of each page) or Full pages (a full rendering of the proof)
NOTE In order to see pin numbers on markup in your printed output, you need to select Full pages, not Page thumbnails. I've asked Andrzej B to verify this.
- (Optional) Use the Sort comments by options to specify the order in which you want the proof's comments to print (these options do not affect output you export as an XLS or PDF file):
- Oldest: From first comment made to last
- Latest: From last comment made to first
- Page: By page, from the first page to the last or from the last page to the first
- Creator: By the names of the users who added them, from A-Z or from Z-A
- (Optional) Use any combination of the Filter comments by options to include only certain comments in the output you print or export as an XLS or PDF file:
- Authors you select
- Actions you select
- Unresolved status
- (Optional) Under Workflow, click Show diagram if you want the printed output to include a diagram showing the order of any stages on the proof and the decisions made on each stage (this not appear in output you export as an XLS or PDF file).
In the diagram that appears, the colors represent decisions made on a stage.
- Green: Approved
- Blue: Pending a decision
- Red: Changes required decision
- Grey: Not started yet
- Yellow: Approved with changes
- To print the proof, click Print.
To save the proof as an XLS or PDF file, click either the XLS or PDF icons next to the Print button.
For information about how to print proofs from the Web Proofing Viewer or the Desktop Proofing Viewer, see "Printing Proofs in the Proofing Viewer."