All of your folders are allocated in the Sidebar, in the Folders tab (1) under [Your account name] folders (2).
If a user from a different Workfront Proof account shares a folder with you (or shares proofs that are in a folder), the folder will be listed separately in the Folders tab (3).
The Account folders page shows you all folders in your account (including folders that have been shared with you by users in other Workfront Proof accounts) and allows you to manage them with ease.
To access the Account folders page, click the [Your account name] folders link (1) in the Sidebar.
This page shows the following information for each folder:
- Type - Public or Private
- Number of items in the folder
- Owner of the folder
- Date the folder was created
You can manage your folders directly from the Account folders page:
- Select a folder by ticking the box next to the folder (1)
- To select multiple folders (and perform bulk actions), tick the top box (2) -
NOTE You will only be able to select folders you have edit rights on
- When you select one or more folders, a toolbar will appear above the folder list
- From the toolbar, you will be able to perform the following actions:
- Move the folder(s) to a different folder (3)
- Share the folder(s) with other users (4)
- Delete the folder(s) (5)
- Change the owner of the folder(s) (6)
Additional options are available for single folders (not available for multiple folders):
- Click on the actions menu to the right of each folder to see the available actions (depending on your level of access, these may vary):
- View folder details (1) - this will take you to the folder details page for that folder
- New proof (2) - this will open the new proof page with the folder field automatically populated with the name of the selected folder
- Upload file (3) - this will take you to the new file page, the folder field will be automatically populated with the name of the selected folder
- New sub-folder (4) - this will allow you to create a folder nested within the selected folder
- Share (5) - this will let you add new people to the folder
- Excel summary (6) - this will let you download an Excel summary of the proofs in the folder
- Delete (7) - this will move the folder to the Trash folder
NOTE When a parent folder is deleted, all sub-folders, proofs and files within the folder will be deleted.
To rename a folder:
- Go to the Folder details page
- Click on the folder name at the top of the page (1)
- Start editing the name and click outside of the box when you're done - the changes will be saved automatically
You can easily manage a folder from the Folder details page. You can:
- Move the folder to be located under a different parent folder (1) (or move to the top level by selecting "No folder selected" from the dropdown)
- Share the folder with other users (2)
- Create a new subfolder (3)
- Request an Excel summary of the proofs in the folder (4)
- Delete the folder (5)
You can change a public folder into a private one from the Folder details page by clicking on the folder icon. Please follow these steps:
- Hover over the folder icon next to the folder's name (1) in order to see "Click to make the folder private" option (2)
- Click on the folder icon
- The folder icon automatically changes (3)
The folder becomes private straight away and "The folder is now private" message appears on the top part of the screen.
In order to make the folder public again, repeat the process.
A folder can be deleted from:
- The Account folders page
- The Folder details page
NOTE When a parent folder is deleted, all sub-folders, proofs and files within the folder will be moved to Trash.
Deleting a folder from the Account folders page
To delete a folder from the Account folders page:
- Click on [Your account name] folders in the Sidebar to access the Account folders page (1)
- Select the tickbox for one or more folders (2)
- Click on the Delete icon (3) - the folder(s) will be moved to the Trash folder
NOTE Deleted items are moved to the Trash folder and they will remain there until the Trash is emptied (or the folder is restored).
Please see Trash for more information.
Deleting a folder from the Folder details page
To delete a folder from the Folder details page:
- Click on the folder name in the My folders list (1) in the Sidebar to access the Folder details page
- Click the Delete icon located at the top of the page (2)
- A pop up message showing the details of the folder will appear (3) - click OK to confirm the deletion and Cancel to stop the folder from being deleted
NOTE Sub-folders can be deleted from the Folder details page of the parent folder - to do so, follow the steps in this section of the page.