A user who is designated as the Project Owner of a project and has Manage permissions on the project is unable to share their project or any of its tasks with a Team. When they are sharing the project, a certain Team is not available to share and cannot be found in the Give project access to or the Give task access to fields.
The system administrator restricted the user to viewing only Companies, Groups & Teams they belong to in the Access Level of the user. The team that the user is looking for is not one of their own teams.
As a system administrator, do the following:
- Find the user and click to access it.
- Click Edit <User's First Name>'s Info.
- Click Access and make note of the name of the Access Level assigned to this user.
- Go to Setup > Access Levels.
- Click the name of the Access Level to edit it.
- Deselect the following field: View only companies, groups & teams they belong to.
- Click Save Changes.
- Ask the user to share the project or the tasks with the team, again.
NOTE As an alternative solution, you can assign the team to the user. However, we recommend against this solution because the user might be exposed to information belonging to the team that would be confusing to them, or they might get work requests or notifications addressed to the team that might be confusing to them.
I think this should stay as a TTT article - edited - June 4, 2018.