- Understanding Access and Permissions Needed to Delete Documents
- Deleting Documents
- Restoring Deleted Documents
In order to delete a document you must have the following access level and permissions:
- Your user access level for documents is Edit Access with the Delete permission enabled. To learn more about access levels, see "Access Level By License Type."
- For the object to which the document is uploaded, you must have at least Contribute permissions. To learn more about object permissions, see "Understanding Permissions in the Access Model."
- For the document you want to delete, you must have Manage permissions with the Delete option enable. To learn more about object permissions, see "Understanding Permissions in the Access Model."
To delete a document:
- Navigate to the Documents tab on a project, task, or issue.
From the main Documents Area, click Documents in the Global Navigation Bar.
- Select the item you want to delete, click More, then click Delete.
Click Yes, Delete it to confirm the deletion.
A system or group administrator can restore a document within 30 days of being deleted, as described in "Restoring Deleted Items."