The highlighted information on this page refers to functionality not yet generally available. It is available only in the Preview Sandbox environment.
- Navigate to the area where you want the document you are requesting to reside.
- Click the Documents tab.
- Click the Add Document drop-down menu.
- Click Request a Document.
In the Production environment, this option is not yet available. Instead, click Add Documents to launch the Add Documents dialog box to upload documents.
The Request a Document dialog box is displayed.
- Begin typing the name of the user who you are requesting the document from, then select it when it appears in the drop-down list. Only licensed Workfront users appear as options in the drop-down list.
NOTE: If you have the Collaboration Package enabled on your account, you can send a request to any email address. There is a setting in the Preferences that determines whether or not these external email users need to create a password before interacting with Workfront.
- Describe the reason you are requesting the document.
- Click Send Request.
When you make a request to a user, a placeholder is added in the documents area. You can remind the user or cancel the request from this placeholder. The user receives a Workfront notification and an email about the request.
The user receives an email notification if this preference is enabled, as well as an in-app notification. For more information on email notifications, see "Configuring Email Notifications."
You can click the link found in the email notification, and then upload the document. Or you can click the in-app notification. Each option routes you to the user profile page where you can upload the requested document.
You can also reply directly to the email and attach the requested documents (if you are configured to support email responses). To configure email responses, see "Allowing Users to Reply to Email Notifications."
- After you upload the document, the person who requested it can access the document in their personal Documents area. (You can access your personal Documents area by clicking your user profile picture in the upper-right corner of any Workfront page, clicking your name, then clicking the Documents tab.)