The highlighted information on this page refers to functionality not yet generally available. It is available only in the Preview Sandbox environment.
You can move issues when you have the following levels of access:
- Access to Create issues.
The system administrator grants this access.
For more information about access to issues, see "Issue Access."
- Contribute permissions to the item where you are moving the issue with Add Issues enabled.
The system administrator or object owner grants this permission.
For more information about permissions, see "Understanding Permissions in the Access Model."
You can move an issue:
- From one project to another.
- From one task to another.
- From a task to a project.
- From a project to a task.
Be aware of the following when moving issues that contain documents or are associated with a request queue:
- When an issue is associated with a requests queue: When you move an issue to another object and the issue is associated with a request queue, the moved issue is no longer associated with the original queue the first issue originated from.
- When a document is attached to the issue: When you move an issue to another object and the issue has a document attached to it, the document, its versions and proofs also move to the new issue. Any approvals associated with the document do not move.
- When an issue is linked to a document or a folder: When you move an issue which has documents or folders linked to a a third party service like Google Drive, the links to the documents move with the issue.
To move an issue:
- Navigate to the that contains the issues that you want to move.
- Click the Issues tab.
Click the Tasks tab, then the Issues tab.
- Select the issue or issues that you want to move.
- Click More, then Move to.
- In the Move Issue(s) dialog box, specify the name of the project where you want to move the issues.
- (Optional) Click Next Step
Select Task to select a task to move the issue to.
- (Optional) Select a task by doing one of the following:
In the task list, select one of the tasks in the project plan.
Using the Search field, search for a task by name. The task should appear in the list.
- Select the radio button for the task, after you have found it.
- (Optional) Click Go back a Step to move to the previous step.
- Click Finish and Move Issue(s).
The issue or issues are moved to the specified project or task.