You can move issues when you have the following levels of access:
- Access to Create issues.
The system administrator grants this access, as described in "Issue Access."
- Contribute rights to the item where you are moving the issue with Add Issues enabled.
The system administrator or object owner grants this permission.
You can move an issue:
- From one project to another.
- From one task to another.
- From a task to a project.
- From a project to a task.
Be aware of the following when moving issues that contain documents or are associated with a request queue:
- When an issue is associated with a requests queue: When you move an issue to another object and the issue is associated with a request queue, the moved issue is no longer associated with the original queue the first issue originated from.
- When a document is attached to the issue: When you move an issue to another object and the issue has a document attached to it, the document, its versions and proofs also move to the new issue. Any approvals associated with the document do not move.
- When an issue is linked to a document or a folder: When you move an issue which has documents or folders linked to a a third party service like Google Drive, the links to the documents move with the issue.
To move an issue:
- Navigate to the that contains the issues that you want to move.
- Click the Issues tab.
- Select the issue(s) you want to move.
- Click More, then Move to.
- In the Move Issues dialog box, specify the name of the project where you want to move the issues.
- (Optional) Click Next Step, if you want to choose a task to move the issue under.
- (Optional) Select the task you want to move the issue to.
- Click Finish and Move Issues.
The issue(s) has (have) been moved to the specified project or task.