You can copy issues when you have the following levels of access:
- Access to Create issues.
The system administrator grants this access, as described in "Issue Access."
- Contribute permissions to the item where you are copying the issue with the ability to Add Issues.
The system administrator or object owner grants this permission.
For more information about permissions in Workfront, see "Understanding Permissions in the Access Model."
You can copy an issue:
- From one project to another.
- From a task to project.
Be aware of the following when copying issues that contain documents or are associated with a request queue:
- When an issue is associated with a requests queue: When you copy an issue to another object and the issue is associated with a request queue, the copied issue is no longer associated with the original queue the first issue originated from.
- When a document is attached to the issue: When you copy an issue to another object and the issue has a document attached to it, the document and its versions also move to the new issue. Any proofs or approvals associated with the document do not move.
- When an issue is linked to a document or a folder: When you copy an issue which has documents or folders linked to a a third party service like Google Drive, the links to the documents transfer over to the copied issue.
To copy an issue:
- Navigate to a project that has an issue.
- On the Issues tab, select the issue(s) to copy using the check-box.
- From the header bar, use the More drop-down to choose the Copy to... option.
- Specify the name of the project where you want to copy the issue(s) in the Project field.
- Select Next Step.
- (Optional) Select any of the following options to remove the items from the new issue:
NOTE This impacts only the copied issue(s) not the original issue(s).
Unless otherwise specified, the following options cannot be selected by default:
- Clear Progress
- Clear Documents: Removes everything in the documents tab, including document versions, linked documents, and folders.
By default, document proofs and approvals cannot be copied to another issue.
- Clear Assignments
- Clear Update: This is checked by default.
- Clear Permissions
- Clear Custom Data: This will remove the information from the custom form on the issue, as well as the information on the custom forms associated with Documents attached to the issue, if those are also copied with the issue. The custom forms will remain attached to the issues and documents, but the information on the forms will not carry over to the new issue.
- Click Finish and Copy once all settings are established.
The copied issue has been added to the specified project.