The highlighted information on this page refers to functionality not yet generally available. It is available only in the Preview Sandbox environment.
You can copy issues when you have the following levels of access:
- Access to Create issues.
The system administrator grants this access, as described in "Issue Access."
- Contribute rights to the item where you are copying the issue with Add Issues enabled.
The system administrator or object owner grants this permission.
You can copy an issue:
- From one project to another.
- From a task to project.
Be aware of the following when copying issues that contain documents or are associated with a request queue:
- When an issue is associated with a requests queue: When you copy an issue to another object and the issue is associated with a request queue, the copied issue is no longer associated with the original queue the first issue originated from.
- When a document is attached to the issue: When you copy an issue to another object and the issue has a document attached to it, the document and its versions also move to the new issue. Any proofs or approvals associated with the document do not move.
- When an issue is linked to a document or a folder: When you copy an issue which has documents or folders linked to a a third party service like Google Drive, the links to the documents transfer over to the copied issue.
To copy an issue:
- Navigate to a project that has an issue.
- On the Issues tab, select the issue(s) to copy using the check-box.
- From the header bar, use the More drop-down to choose the Copy to... option.
- Specify the name of the project where you want to copy the issue(s) in the Project field.
- Select the Next Step button.
- (Optional) Select any issue fields to clear on the copied issues. This impacts only the copied issue(s) not the original issue(s). Select from the following options:
This includes versions and linked documents.
This does not include proofs or document approvals. Proofs and document approvals can never be copied when an issue is copied.
- Custom Data.
This will remove the information from the custom form on the issue, as well as the information on the custom forms associated with Documents attached to the issue, if those are also copied with the issue. The custom forms will remain attached to the issues and documents, but the information on the forms will not carry over to the new issue.
- Click Finish and Copy once all settings are established.
The copied issue has been added to the specified project.