You can associate a Severity with issues in Workfront. Tasks and projects do not have severities.
Issues are unexpected events that can prevent your projects from finishing on time or within budget. You can use Severities to indicate how serious an issue is.
Your system administrator defines the Severities available in Workfront. After they establish them, they are available for you to associate with an issue.
For more information about creating Severities in Workfront, see "Customizing and Creating Issue Severities."
You must have Manage permissions on an issue to be able to update its Severity.
You can update the Severity of issues in the following areas of Workfront:
- In the Edit Issue link.
- In the Issue Details tab of an issue.
- In an issue list or report.
To update the Severity of an issue in the Issue Details tab:
- Navigate to the issue you whose Severity you want to update.
- Select the Issue Details tab.
- Select the Overview sub-tab.
- Click Edit Overview.
- Select the appropriate Severity from the drop-down menu.
Depending on how your system administrator configured Severities in your system, the options might vary.
- Click Save.